water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi folks, just got back from york scooter club rally, only went for the saturday, got the beast on the dyno, heres the video, turn up your sound, this is what 50 bhp sounds like :D

Imagethe beast on the dyno by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I can't view the link, however, I like the comment that goes with it :)
TED CRUD

Holy s**t !!!! :D :D :D :D
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
holty

Adam_Winstone wrote:I can't view the link, however, I like the comment that goes with it :)
just click on the play button, working ok for me, first run he did, in top gear from low revs to 10k only did 40 bhp, but second run through the gears was where it made the 50bhp when it had cleared its throat a bit.
:D
holty
Richjak

I have just sat here and read all 17 pages of this build. I am in absolute awe of your talents mate, I've been building scooters over 30 years now and I am still not even anywhere near your league. You have produced one of the best scooters I have ever seen in my life, and after this long, I aint that easily impressed. You took this build to the limit, kicked the gates in, and then took it even further past that.

In retrospect what have you learned from this build ?? For example If a millionaire said "build me one Steve - money no issue" would you go about it in the same manner or would you push the envelope even further given the knowledge you've gained and the lessons learned from building and refining the beast ??
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Saw it there on Saturday morning sounded lovely :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
holty

Toddy wrote:Saw it there on Saturday morning sounded lovely :D
thank you, a very enjoyable day, i hope they do it again next year.
holty

Richjak wrote:I have just sat here and read all 17 pages of this build. I am in absolute awe of your talents mate, I've been building scooters over 30 years now and I am still not even anywhere near your league. You have produced one of the best scooters I have ever seen in my life, and after this long, I aint that easily impressed. You took this build to the limit, kicked the gates in, and then took it even further past that.

In retrospect what have you learned from this build ?? For example If a millionaire said "build me one Steve - money no issue" would you go about it in the same manner or would you push the envelope even further given the knowledge you've gained and the lessons learned from building and refining the beast ??
thanks for those kind words, very nice of you, it took 18 months to build, and its been on the road a year, ive learnt a lot, and some things the hard way, any one off custom machine is going to be an evolution, things will be altered, upgraded, as you go along, theres still some things i will improve as time goes by, yes if i was building from scratch i would do things slightly different, but i would want it to look the same.i would probably use a banshee engine if i built another and fit an athena kit and stroke it to make 421cc for a bit more torque.
cheers,
holty
holty

a pic of me with the beast, just after the dyno run
Image14317586_10154611715245921_717717554976520249_n_zpsrkv87ohn by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

holty wrote:a pic of me with the beast, just after the dyno run
Smiling so you must of been happy :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information