Non Starting Runner From Cold?

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

Hi my SP Runner won’t start from cold on the electric start, it’s OK if you kick it. Had the carb looked at and the shop says it’s OK, but the automatic choke doesn’t seem to come on? Any ideas would be happily received, thanks.

Treeman
shocky

My dragster didthat nevergottothe bottom of it
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
rainbowrunner
Main scooter: Series 2, RT 195

Hi, Your battery needs to be in tip top condition , the more amps the better for starting ie 11 or 12 amp.
you can buy a manual choke unit from PSN Tuning http://www.psntuning.co.uk/scooter_part ... rt_id=1848 alot better than the auto choke.
Had one on my runner 180 sp,

hope this helps
Treeman

Hi and thanks guy's. Just put a new battery on and still the same. Will try the manual choke.
leftside
Main scooter: vespa

hi treeman, i had an italjet that wouldnt start off the button, could get it to start by kicking it (not first kick i may add) after changing starter , new battery, taking carb off, turns out the head was loose, not saying thats yer problem but its only 4 nuts innit
Treeman

Thanks leftside all those items are ok. Have now found the battery is charging at a low rate, what could cause this?
Treeman

The variator cog just rounded off, guess that may have had something to do with the starting recently!
Treeman

Hi,

It’s a while since I started this thread, but I eventually got to the bottom of the problem. It was a faulty fuel pump that continually flooded the engine. However, after speaking to various dealers I was told that the fuel pumps where all faulty on the model and when they first sold them they came with a spare!

I bought a new fuel pump, had it fitted and the problem disappeared and it started well….., for a week, then went back to poor starting and flooding! Did anyone have the same problem and find a resolution, like finding an alternative fuel pump that worked!?

Thanks,

Treeman
Treeman

OK, still haven’t solved this! Had a bit of lateral thinking and does anyone know if I could remove the fuel pump from the system, replacing it with a gravity feed system with a manual on/off tap with no effect on running (bit hopefully good starting!)?

Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information