Rotax 300 builld

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Don't need the heater effect much as I'm in Southern California, though it will function just the same! Thanks for the kind words!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Western Australia has a similar climate to SoCal I believe. We are in our southern hemisphere winter now and on a few night rides recently a heater would have been quite nice :lol:
RManson

With 5/8-inch master cylinders, the bike suffered from a wooden front brake and a hydraulic clutch that was stiffer than the trouble was worth, which sent me looking for solutions. Turns out it was necessary to spend a few bucks to set everything up right. Since it all worked, i was OK with this.

The solution? 14 RCS Brembo master cylinders...

ImageRotax Lamby build-168 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-169 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

The result? Two finger action for both the clutch and the front brake with increased modulation.

ImageRotax Lamby build-170 by PotvinV8, on Flickr
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RManson

But the coolest addition for sure is the legit tags...

ImageRotax Lamby build-171 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

which means I can go break some stuff!
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Fantastic work!
RManson

Took the bike on its maiden voyage to the San Francisco Classic scooter rally this past weekend. A good time was had by all and the bike performed flawlessly. Hell of a shake down ride it was!

A few minor bugs to work out but the crank didn't drop out of the case, the clutch didn't fall apart, and the gearbox didn't explode so I'd call it a success!

ImageRotax Lamby build-172 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-173 by PotvinV8, on Flickr
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

8-)
Did you have to do that?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi ryan,
pleased your on the road, how did it perform speed wise, and did it stay cool enough, how smooth was the engine, im guessing its got bags of torque and pulls like a freight train

best regards,

holty

:D
RManson

Lots of torque and plenty of power when it comes on the pipe. Rode a TS1 bike before heading out and the Rotax bike was quite a bit different (in a positive way!). Not as punchy and loads more torque. Seems to come on the power smoother and carries it on farther up the range as well. The ride took us through quite a few hilly residential areas so there was lots of slow riding and I never saw temps above 212-degrees. That's without the fan as it's not setup to come up until 220-degrees. It never came on all weekend long. Engine runs very smooth and no noticeable wrist shock or anything like that due to vibration. It could definitely use a proper, tuned pipe (coming soon!) and a bit of carb/ignition timing fettling, but all in all, I'm very impressed. My main concern was component failure followed by clutch issues, which were non existent (thanks Rocho!). If you go forward with your similar setup, I think you'll be pleased!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

im very pleased for you, sounds like your very pleased with the end result, and so you should be, its good to hear that is nice to ride, as i am building the same thing, im still waiting on my engine case and crankshaft so ive not made any progress for a while, i know the crank is nearly ready, ive opted for the 64mm stroke with wide webs.

holty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information