Rotax 300 builld

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Here's the gearshift in first...

ImageRotax Lamby build-190 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-192 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

and in fourth...

ImageRotax Lamby build-191 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-193 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

I'm quite happy with this positioning as it gives more clearance between the lever and legshields in fourth than is typical with dropbars and it solves the huge range of travel that would end up giving me carpal tunnel. :D
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ducksta

Any up date
live life your a long time dead
RManson

Waiting on a flywheel at the moment. The one I had was questionable and I ruined the taper on another. Rich T was kind enough to send me one and it's on the way. New stator, new battery and new flywheel will hopefully solve the charging issues and I can finish tuning the thing!
RManson

Had a blast today (literally), now it's time to pick colors and all that...

ImageRotax Lamby build-194 by PotvinV8, on Flickr
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RManson

Got the bike back together last night and decided to take a quick trip 'round the neighborhood. New stator and battery seem to be happy and the tune feels like it's getting close to where it needs to be. Decided I liked the bare metal bodywork for the time being so it will remain as such until I'm happy that everything works properly and then I'll blow it apart for paint. Could be two months, could be two years, guess it just depends on how much fun I'm having and what breaks!

Anyhow for now, I'm calling it done!

ImageRotax Lamby build-197 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-198 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-199 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-200 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-201 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-202 by PotvinV8, on Flickr
Last edited by RManson on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

8-) 8-) 8-)
Did you have to do that?
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

And very well done if I may say so!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I love the look of SX drops but don't really like the shape of GP drops. These look great on this project :)
TED CRUD

Magnificent !!!
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
RManson

Been putting in some seat time recently, trying to shoot some decent video to post. So far, got some OK video but the audio is pure crap. First gear sounds good but by second, the wind noise drowns everything out and is too much for even me to handle. I'll keep working on it though in the hopes of putting something fun together for ya'll.

In the meantime, I figured I might as well try to dial everything in as best I can until I can schedule some dyno time. Out here in Southern California, moto dynos with Lambretta experience flat don't exist. Throw in all the extraneous crap on my bike and you get the point. Hopefully, I can connect with someone sick enough to take it on for the freak factor if nothing else. But I digress...

Sooo, I decided to setup my FAST Air/Fuel Meter to see if the jetting was where it should be. It feels pretty close but there are a few spots where things seem like they could be improved. This uses a single wideband O2 sensor to measure the air/fuel mixture in the pipe in real time as well as recording the results so that they can be viewed after the fact. Hopefully by warming the bike up first and only running the sensor for tuning purposes, it will survive long enough to give me the results I'm after. If all goes well, I should be able to dial the bike in as close as possible sans dyno. Stay tuned!

The first step is to install the O2 sensor bung in the pipe. This needs to be between 10 & 2 o'clock to keep moisture, oil, and fuel from collecting on the sensor and killing it. The distance from the exhaust port should alleviate any excessive heating issues that can also kill the sensor and result in a fairly accurate A/F reading.

ImageRotax Lamby build-203 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-204 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

With the O2 sensor installed...

ImageRotax Lamby build-205 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Once I'm satisfied with the tune, the bung will be plugged and the sensor removed...

ImageRotax Lamby build-206 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Here's the pipe installed on the bike with the O2 sensor installed...

ImageRotax Lamby build-207 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

And the display that will need to be temporarily mounted while tuning commences...

ImageRotax Lamby build-208 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Hopefully this time tomorrow, I'll have some results...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information