FAN PROBLEM ON THE GTS

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
a.j

when I start up, engine management light comes on too, the fan goes off after a couple of minutes. Any clues?? I went on the GTS ownes forum but I've had no answers so I thought I'd pick the far superior brains over here instead. :bigsm:
e type

Which gt is it 125/250?? And gts are known for make believe electrics lol so could be a doggy connectiion if not you could get it diagnostic checked and this should find your fault Or you could drop the leggie glove box off and have a mooch
mad-bry

Think you'll find the engine management light is supposed to come on for a few seconds when turning the ignition on.
As for the radiator fan, that should only kick in if the engine is running too hot. Certainly doesn't run all the time
coaster

a.j wrote:when I start up, engine management light comes on too, the fan goes off after a couple of minutes. Any clues?? I went on the GTS ownes forum but I've had no answers so I thought I'd pick the far superior brains over here instead. :bigsm:
They are a bit slow sometimes but it's worth being pacient and waiting for Cheeky Thomas to jump in with advice 8-)
noggin1969

Had this problem , if the fan is running constant it could be a stuck thermostat. When they checked the diagnostic on mine the coolant was cold but the thermostat was reading 120 degrees
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
a.j

I sorted it by replacing the dreaded gasket bought from 'cheeky thomas's' place. A very nice fella willing to help. The gasket lasted 3 weeks and ended up blowing again on the way up to whitby on friday. Sod all I could about it there so I had to hope for the best & willed it to get me home yesterday back to Hampshire. Ended up in total & utter exhaust collapse & failure in Nottingham on the M1, and there it is as I type. The bike wont start or anything & to be honest I'm dreading the bill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information