Team Dwarf dac pipes

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
MrG68

I think the dwarfs do all there working out on a computer And as they hold the sprint record for autos at 119mph over quater mile!!!
And every one i know who has a dwarf pipe is MORE than happy with it , Mine on me drag as done 1000s of rally miles this year and only fault was with the end can Which now is being sorted..
Dave im sure you will love it as will mark.
soulsurfer

MrG68 wrote:I think the dwarfs do all there working out on a computer And as they hold the sprint record for autos at 119mph over quater mile!!!
And every one i know who has a dwarf pipe is MORE than happy with it , Mine on me drag as done 1000s of rally miles this year and only fault was with the end can Which now is being sorted..
Dave im sure you will love it as will mark.
Impressive stuff!
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

So is that tdr's interpretation of charley's pipe or is a redesign?.. also you must back to back it on the same motor that charley worked on for a fair comparison. I know he was clever in how he developed his pipe in order for it not to break the gearbox. A lot of time and effort went into it.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
mark

It's total redesign as charlies pipe put the power to high up the rev range for me as I want a low revving cruiser not a balls out racer
DJB
Dealer

You could not compare two pipes as Charlie has lowered the compression ratio on my bike and the pipe has been designed around that. From memory the power shuts off around 8600rpm with a very flat curve on the way up. I would hardly say it’s a race pipe, as the brief was to design a pipe for touring, with a good spread off power. All the work Inc’s lowering the compression ratio, dyno runs, design a making of the straight pipe to test and the finish product. I don’t think £890.00 is bad, as it took 2wks from start to finish.
mark

thats good news david as it oviously means we are both very happy with with our own exhaust design and price ,so its smiles all round
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
daveyluv

its all about personel preference,im happy with this pipe even though it hasnt been dyno"ed yet as i have every faith in it but it fits without the compromise of losing my rear running boards and most of all it fits my budget as some of us dont have the vast income you have dave!!!lol
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Can I just add that Charley basically designed his pipe for Dac around what the Ktm was designed for, but with a lovely spread of power in keeping with the 4 speed box and to keep it in one piece.. the compression was lowered back and ignition set to a safe level all to keep it cool and unstressed for reliabilty.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
battlam
Main scooter: Lambretta gp

£890 :shock: did that include the work on the head and ignition? what did he do to save the gear box? one would guess he restricted the max rpm?????
RICSPEED

battlam wrote:£890 :shock: did that include the work on the head and ignition? what did he do to save the gear box? one would guess he restricted the max rpm?????
i guess a lot of that is time spent develpoing and dyno time rather than a price for pipe only
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information