SX250LC custom

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Ruudboy

Edit: Moved it from the show your scoot section, thought it would fit better here..

Hi one of my bikes is being build by SSC.

Most of the welding is done, just tank caps for an aero style one, some small holes, rear light holder and some small mod on the fork. it should be finished in a week or 4-6, according to Pat (usually that means a bit longer, haha)

Short Part list, of the more interesting parts, (as you can see) most not installed yet...

Chiselspeed Adv/Ret, Clausstudios Custom CNC Engine Blocks Orange & Orange Custom RearLens
, CS Enginering Custom Hydraulic Clutch, Water Temp & EGT Gauge 60mm, Loopy Quick Action Throttle Wheel, Clutch & Break Master Cylinder Ducati, Custom CNC Ducati Levers, 6061 T6 Alu Coolant Catch Can, 12 Volt Pump, MB Liquid Cooled head, Weatherman Whitewall HS, Super small battery 12v, Tailtech Vapor Digital Computer, MB Layshaft, BGM Chrome Front Shocks, 3 Stage progressive Fork Springs, 120 Watt Stator Plate, Rear+Front Hydraulic Brakes, R1 Rear Shock, RB25 Cylinder Kit, SIL Electronic Ignition, Lightened Flywheel, 72mm Asso Piston, GP Gearbox, JAP 5 Plate Clutch, Custom CNC 6061 T6 Rear Hub to match front hub, Customized GP side Panels, 15.5 Lit Tank with Cutout for TMX Carb, Custom LD Glove Box, Custom Orange Hydraulic and throttle Cables

PS i am from Holland, so no comments on orange and the selection of orange parts, thx ;)
Last edited by Ruudboy on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
caspa2006

hiya mate nice project the rear hub sounds interesting any pictures of what it might look like
also the catch tank is it off a car ie an oil catch tank i was looking at getting one but i might
go for a ktm one like this
Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
Ruudboy

caspa2006 wrote:hiya mate nice project the rear hub sounds interesting any pictures of what it might look like
also the catch tank is it off a car ie an oil catch tank i was looking at getting one but i might
go for a ktm one like this
Yeah looked at that coolant catch can also, but this one is an overflow tank for water/oil from OBX, they should be easy to find on ebay in several colors , even nicer (same maker) http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=v ... ct&id=1282 sadly they never came back to me after i tried to order. Found a small one on ebay The engineer same guy did Hamish 422cc lambretta LD moster said because its only a LC head you dont really need an overflow, however it looks nice :0.

Custom Hub yeah its really really nice, however since there only going to be two by the CNC guy and SSC i dont want to post pictures until Pat from SSC says its ok to post, he is on holiday atm so maybe in a week or two ill post pictures. Its basically a single CNC outer with "holes" so you can see the "old" interior brake system, which is of course idle with a disk there now. The downside is that its heaver then the original, but since i am not going for 100miles a hour i dont mind..
mark

love the sound of the rear hub ,would you ask pat if he wpould consider another one please
caspa2006

hiya
beaten to it :D thats why I asked about the pictures as I might want one too if the price is right and it looks right
Last edited by caspa2006 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruudboy

guys guys.. ha ha... well i can tell you its not cheap at all.. big block of material to start with... price would need to come from Pat. Suggest you wait till i post the picture!

Its to match this one he makes:

Also he doesn't sale much direct anymore, only thru dealers.
caspa2006

hiya mate when you see him or get in touch with him could you ask him
if he wants todo one like the pm double disc setup to match my front

or could you ask him to drop me a line on foamwizardsltd@aol.com, tel:- 01384 377018

I was going to buy a DAX rear hub so I can have an internal disc setup but if he is making
a complete rear hub maybe he can manage to mount a disc on the inside too and make a
hanger for the caliper too
Ruudboy

Ill show him this threat ;) he reads here on and off... however he is for the next week still on holiday.
Ruudboy

Some new pics, took with the phone again so not so good quality. Pictures of the custom hub will follow somewhere this week, Pat sent it to the guy who makes his prof. product pics.

Trying to figure out the seat placement, need to do some one off tank mod so we can do an aero cap in front of it.
Ducati's installed (without the custom levers)
LC head installed, and some cutting

Next drilling the holes for the tubing.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Nice work.

Why is the hole for the fan so large?
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information