Dragster - Electric start

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Bufficus

I've had my Dragster a couple of years now (bought with a duff battery). Just got round to fitting a new one, but it won't start on the button, unless very warm, it has always started easily on the kickstart. I understand this is not uncommon and have tried a new earth strap without success.

Any Ideas fellas?
carlosfandangles

Standard or kit?

If kit, I think they just dont have enough ooooooooomph to turn it over. New battery, new motor and mine wouldnt start on the button when cold.

When warm, no probs at all.
Bufficus

carlosfandangles wrote:Standard or kit?

If kit, I think they just dont have enough ooooooooomph to turn it over. New battery, new motor and mine wouldnt start on the button when cold.

When warm, no probs at all.
Thanks for the reply Carlos. It's a standard 180. Just put in a new piston and rings and a new belt. Quicker than my mate's Malossi and big carb set up. :? Although he is four stone heavier than me. ;)
shocky

my old drag never started from cold on the electric start but always when warm
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
twin

they start my twins ok,
so must b your scoots,
c if the bendix spins ok,
shocky

maybe a slight increase in choke jet size? freak would start if i placed my hand over the airfilter thus restricting the air flow and pulling on the choke jet a bit like when you put your hand over an open carb on a lammy
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
MrG68

mines all good in the starting off the button But i know of a few that play up!! as been said check the bendix on ya starter motors
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

if you got crap batterys that dont hold up to the cranking amps then issues will happen ive had both standerd and kitted and huge carbs all started of the button soon as....
i always use a ytx14 battery ;)
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information