My New restoration...

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Rui

It is a TV200 with only 1 previous owner who lived locally, will be restoring to original and hope it will be ready in around 3-4 months.

bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Why can't I find stuff like that :shock:

Appears nearly too good to restore IMO Rui.

Nice one

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Soulpunk

absolutely right. its impossible to find original condition tv200s nowadays.
rustorate it ! keep the paintwork and restore it mechanically 100%.
far too good to paint. disassemble it completely , clean and polish / owatrol the bodywork.
repaint only on few edges and partially where necessary (under frame, legshield). then reassemble with new parts and rezinced originals.
nice find !
Rui

It needs a full restoration, the legshields, 1 sidepanel and rear footboard has had to be replaced as it is too far gone to repair.

Plus I am not into the rustoration look, if I had a derelict shed or barn then I guess it would look the part in there but I haven't.
I do respect all that want to keep unrestored scooter but it really isn't my thing.

It will be restored to it's former glory all in Cellulose white paint with electronic ignition, I will keep the old 6 volts but in a box in my cellar.

I will place more pics as resto is coming on and thank you for the nice comments..

PS.....I have a great legshield tool box that I may add to the scooter, your loss Chris :frog:
Rui

Hi have I posted this on the right forum topic because this what it says on these

Show us yer Scoots!!

Anything goes, all scooter pics & video images of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, a video of your mate crashing his Lambretta into a bus....home movie of the wife? If you've got a picture or a link....get it posted, so that we can praise it, laugh at it, disect it, or cry at it....frankly.....anything goes!

And then you have this

Standard Scoots & Restorations

We love tuning, chops and cutdown racers....but we're not all mental! If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project ....post it here.

Come on admin life is already confusing for me and I don't need you doing it too..... :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it possible maybe to move it to Show us yer Scoots!! thanks ....ohhhh maybe leave it here....ohhhhhhhhh......see
sun130

Hi Rui,
Well I'm one of those people who had such a machine in the darkest past and admired the TV200 so much so that I managed to get hold of one myself some time ago. I haven't shared this on the forum previously but when I saw the reg. number on yours I thought WOW......what are the chances of that..........My Reg. number is EXE 49C
It is still as in the picture. (sorry but I tried and tried to figure out how to load a picture and failed).I actually MOT'd it last year but have not done anything other than the minimum to achieve that. I have to say it was fun riding it as is.
I WILL get round to it after one or two (or three or four or five) other things..........Its not as if its depreciating.....
good luck with yours
Rui

sun130 wrote:Hi Rui,
Well I'm one of those people who had such a machine in the darkest past and admired the TV200 so much so that I managed to get hold of one myself some time ago. I haven't shared this on the forum previously but when I saw the reg. number on yours I thought WOW......what are the chances of that..........My Reg. number is EXE 49C
It is still as in the picture. (sorry but I tried and tried to figure out how to load a picture and failed).I actually MOT'd it last year but have not done anything other than the minimum to achieve that. I have to say it was fun riding it as is.
I WILL get round to it after one or two (or three or four or five) other things..........Its not as if its depreciating.....
good luck with yours
Wow that is really cool to hear only 6 numbers apart, is yours from Luton too?

For placing pics click on this http://www.scoot.net/gallery/bbs/index.html then click on "browse" and a box with all your pics will show up, double click on the pic you want then click "download picture"....when pic is downloaded under the pic you will see "image url:" copy the the wordings after it, beginning with http:// and ending with jpg ....then come back to this forum and start a topic, above you will see a box with "Img" click on it and this will show up [ing][/ing] ... in the middle of [ing][/ing] and in between these ][ you paste the url from scootnet.
Hope this helps

If that fails you can send me the pic my email is hpoge@yahoo.com
sun130

Hi Rui, I guessed mine was from the Luton area but only had a tax disc as 'documentary evidence' on which to obtain the V5.....
Frame and engine numbers are less than 200 apart. I think the engine is now 225 with 30mm carb on board. Compression is really good but the whole thing needs some longer term TLC. I still toyed with the idea of running it as it looks but other things have kept me busy...
I will Email you so we can keep in touch.

Cheers Gerry

Rui

Gerry that looks really cool, cheers for the pics and please email me whenever you want, I will be restoring back to origianal white with no blue colour on the sidepanel as the blue isn't original, I will be matching the white to original cellulose paint so if you need the paint codes I will recommend the supplier.

The numbers are not as close as yours infact over 3000 digits apart but they do match the old docs that I got with the scooter.

One part of the scooter that I will be re using is the mudguard, it has a little damage but can be repaired and a big bonus it is original.

Here is a pic of the underneath of mudguard

dirtyhandslopez

Rui, in the picture you posted, your scoot has heel plates on the panels. Where they correct for those panels? I ask because I have a set of those heel plates, and was not sure which panels they attach to.
That's not going anywhere...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information