REMADE ORIGINAL DISCBRAKES : ITALIAN OR SCOOTRS TYPE ?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
shocky

cezeta wrote:a tip from a bke mechanic pal. take off the lever and pump the master cylinder with a wooden dowel or similar. bleeds up supr fast
biker john :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Bombay Mix Pilot

I have a Scoot RS copy inboard disc, so which original spares don't fit, kinda need to know ready for when servicing/repair time comes along. All things considered Vietnam can be quite a distance when getting small and simple spares ( ok if your putting a larger order in ) thinking stuff like bearings, speedo drives, seals, pads etc. I have been pretty loyal to Scoot RS for ages but it's nice to know for reference when ya need stuff quick.

Cheers now

Andy
woody69

had a new scoot rs disc from classic lambrettas it was crap had 2 have disc skimed as it was warped and the atcherator think thats how u spell it spring was not strong enough 2 return the lever sold it on in end
scootRS.com
Dealer

woody69 wrote:... disc from classic lambrettas it was crap had 2 have disc skimed as it was warped and the atcherator think thats how u spell it spring was not strong enough 2 return the lever sold it on in end
We'd appreciate it if you would edit your post to remove our name as the company you mention resells all the sand cast Vietnam disc brakes shown earlier in the thread.

No connection to ScootRS at all.

Thanks.

>>I have a Scoot RS inboard disc, so which original spares don't fit

They all fit. All our individual pieces are made to fit as original. You can even mate our hub or backplate to an original half.
challenger

Here are photos of the Italian Evergreen disc brake one to compare. Maybe easier to tell from the disc itself.
Thats a bit cheeky Randall, I cant remember opening my Album on photobucket for public use.
As thats an obvious misuse of my personal intellectual property id advise you to get in touch with me about compensation.
(As compensation Id accept one of your new disc brake hubs).
;) ;)

The Evergreen hub on the pics has served me well over the last 2000 miles, have another look at the pics, the castings arent rough at all, I had the hubs polished and didnt have any issues at all with holes in the castings, I am still pleased with it.

Saying that, Id go for the Scootrs one in future if only for the fact that its cheaper than the Evergreen one.
Speed Demon
Dealer

challenger wrote:
Here are photos of the Italian Evergreen disc brake one to compare. Maybe easier to tell from the disc itself.
Thats a bit cheeky Randall, I cant remember opening my Album on photobucket for public use.
As thats an obvious misuse of my personal intellectual property id advise you to get in touch with me about compensation.
(As compensation Id accept one of your new disc brake hubs).
;) ;)

The Evergreen hub on the pics has served me well over the last 2000 miles, have another look at the pics, the castings arent rough at all, I had the hubs polished and didnt have any issues at all with holes in the castings, I am still pleased with it.

Saying that, Id go for the Scootrs one in future if only for the fact that its cheaper than the Evergreen one.
Challenger

I hope you are aware that Randall has - presumably without your permission - also used that photo in on of his adverts printed in both Classic Scooterist Scene and Scootering (after a bit of a hissy fit here http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7313 and avoiding some other direct questions here http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7270)

I'd be after a better deal than that Challenger - its one thing to put a link on, but another to take the photo and use it for commercial purposes.

I think the term that might get used in court would be theft.
Get to SULK
Nic

He'd certainly be entitled to a usage fee. I'd send in an invoice if I were you. Funnily enough, the going rate for this kind of thing is about £200.
hatch
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

Im new to the forum and this has been a great thread to read . i have a standard 200 ( which pills 65 easily ) and find the standard disc brake excellent . i was always lead to believe the disc was never intended to be better than the drum ( which when set up properly is excellent also ) the idea of the disc brake was to give you more control in the wet / gravelly etc surfaces .
joey

...had drum brakes that you could skid front wheel and my current standard gp disc locks up if required....secret is set them up right...recomend strong outer cable the square/flat guage wire not the round springy type....reverse pull....newfren copper coloured pads...
drum brakes fade on hard fast baking...useless
most hydraulics are too fearce for street lambrettas...imo
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

scootRS.com wrote:So it's the Vietnam one as I suggested. The original must say "Made in Italy" which the sand cast would pick up, though offhand I only recall the C stamp for Campagnolo.
Campag brakes were made in France not Italy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information