AGAINST CORROSION / RUST : OWATROL OIL

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Soulpunk

top stuff. i don´t like promotion, but this stuff is on top in the german scooterist scene and also top choice for any conservation of 2/3/4 wheels. makes metal happy.
used it on my old rusty series 1 lambretta rustoration and i am more than convinced.
best stuff for little rusting scratches or spots. even messed up paintwork can be saved with that stuff. NO NEED TO RESPRAY FROM NOW ON ! save original paintwork / patina !

Owatrol Oil is an Amazing Rust Inhibitor and Paint Conditioner. It uses rust as a pigment to form a protective coat, stabilises the Rust and prevents reforming. It improves paint adhesion and avoids cracking & peeling.

As a Rust Inhibitor:

Penetrates deeply until it reaches the sound metal.
Drives out moisture and air
Uses rust as a pigment to form a protective coat.
Stabilises the rust and prevents it reforming
Creates a lasting protection.
Colourless - maintains the surface's natural aspect.
Rookie

Where's cheapest / best place to get it from fella, heard it works on chrome aswell , is that right.?
You could hurt my feelings ......If i had any !!
Rookie

Thanks for link mate, had a look but it doesn't say if it works on chrome, i did read somewhere where it said it did but can't remember where it was. Found another company , have sent an e-mail , so wait to see what they say.
Soulpunk

on chrome parts i don´t know really.
always use a little bit of wd40 on my chrome stuff to keep it conserved and polish it every year.
Rookie

Found this http://www.upkeepeers.co.uk (DIY site ). Say's on there that it polishes and protects chrome, it's not cheap mind, but if it stops rust from coming back it saves a lot of time and elbow grease after it's pissed it down.
Soulpunk; If you've used it on your series one , could you not try it out on an old piece of chromed metal ie; a bath rail or summert, and let us know, just a thought .!! :idea: :idea:
Soulpunk

will take a week when i am back at the garage i´ll check it.
loads of sailors use the stuff for conserving.
just asked in a shop where they sell it and they said for chrome parts its better to use sth else. its good in conserving wooden furniture and a perfect rust inhibitor on vehicles, but on chrome, use a polish and wd40 oil.
mawso

Newland paints in Harrogate, York, Hull & Doncaster sell it. We've used it at work for a couple of years. initially to help paint flow better in cold conditions and then after reading all it's various uses I tried it on rusted items cleaning off the oxide and brass to bring up the lustre and it worked

Newland sell it in various size cans from 500ml up about £14
Rookie

Got a reply from company i e-mailed, they just refered me back to what it said on their site , which didn't say one way or the other , and they wern't telling me in e-mail either .
Think i'll just take soulpunks advice and use wd40 and chrome cleaner.
Thanks to all for replies !!.
john59

Also got this

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/sp-4 ... friend.asp

It mentions chrome
Polishes and protects chrome, brass, stainless steel, etc.
Protects tools, bicycles, equipment etc from rust

Worth a try me thinks :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information