Lloydie's S2 (slow) restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
MrMac
Main scooter: 1961 Series 1/2

Was sorting though my S2 rebuild kit for horncast and front guard beading to get on with proper dry build - I assume the beading between horncast and leggies runs right down past the bottom of the horncast in a single piece to the bottom of the front guard? and legshield outer beading (fat one) runs right down from the top by the chrome ring down to the point where on a S3 you have the sharks tooth finisher. Both of mine are well short and I assume I've been given S3 rather than S2 bits...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Yes, you're right. I've never thought it was the best idea, but the horncast rubber is just pushed into place and is used for the mudguard too. You might have been given the kit for a S3, but it's difficult to tell unless it's labelled as such. I know it comes in reels and I think dealers might just cut off a suitable length when needed.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Great thread! I wish I was as attentive when building my own. The little flaws and uneven gaps on mine annoy me now. Love the MG! I’ve never seen one in a dark colour before. Suits it!
MrMac
Main scooter: 1961 Series 1/2

Cheers Paul. Bought it for £500 when I was a student nearly 30 years ago and have rebuilt it a couple of times. Last time was about five years ago when it got the full engine and transmission. probably under 5 secs to 60. Nuts...
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Under 5 secs to 60! Class! I've always had a soft spot for MG's and Triumph cars. Those marques should be up there today with Jaguar and Aston Martin.....yours is a good one!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information