Lloydie's S2 (slow) restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
MrMac
Main scooter: 1961 Series 1/2

LHS - cut the front edge of the loop back to allow the footboard to fit with the packing in place.

Fitment looks OK - this is with beading on as well.

MrMac

Impact on horncast and front guard of raising the floor by 10mm+ - looks OK. I think it'll work.

MrMac

They're only hanging off the top bolts so should be OK. Looks much better in the pics than when I'm fussing about in the shed stressing about it all!
MrMac

Was worried about clearance at the top of the leggies as they're a nice snug fit against the chrome ring now (which is what I want) but wasn't sure about the leggie beading and finishers. Remembered I'd cut off the top corner of the rusted as hell leggies that came with the basket of bits (mainly so I could drill badge mounting holes in the right place) - still got the finisher in place!

MrMac

So this looks OK.

MrMac

Soooo.... everything looks roughly OK. Gaps between leggies and rear footboards are fairly even. Outer curved edges probably look OK in photos but we'll see when I get into proper bolting down mode...

MrMac

That bloody gap between rear edge of ring and top edge of leggies bugs me - I'm tempted to cut a few slits in the upper edge and make it all flush - however un-original it might be...

MrMac

Was out watching a mate's band play at a pub near Rugby this afternoon (Sound Effects - very good) and a few scoots turned up. Took a couple of pics of the Scomadi front end.
When I get there I've got to think about inner or outboard suspension - any views?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I managed to bend my chrome ring down a couple of mm. I broke one original one trying this as I levered in the middle of the 'span', if you know what I mean. Second attempt was ok.
MrMac

Can't quite jump on it and make 'brum brum' noises but hey...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information