RUSTORATION ADVICE PLEASE.

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
idc23
Main scooter: lambrettatv175 3

I am going to do a rustoration on my 1960 series 2, the runners are quite coroded with holes,same as legshields ,but i want it to look as found after being behind a shed since 76.Looked in the m.o.t manual can't see anything about sharp edges, has anybody else done a rustoration with corrosion in panels, i obviosly want it safe,what is the best way of fixing down the holed damage,but keeping the original look,if that makes sense,any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers all
Ian
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

I think the general premise of 'road worthy ness' applies here.

Is your S2 currently on the road [has a V5]?

If not and you are registering it you will still need to present it to an MOT testing station in order to get the DVLA to issue a V5.

At that point [an MOT tester looking through the holes in your scooters leg shields and deeming it unroadworthy] that you'll come unstuck.

If you are really set on a 'holey' scooter panel work then best to fit them after you have it on the road.

Good luck [and post pics if you can]. I have 2 rustoration S2s and a shabby frame-breather.
HotPearlSnatch

Oh, and check the integrity of the frame tube prior to throwing money at the engine [or anything else].

They do rot out and when they fail its pretty spectacular!
idc23

Thanks for reply,main frame is solid thank god, i might try to get some better panels if i can find some.

Cheers Ian
HotPearlSnatch

if you need a set of half decent s1/2 leggies give me a shout.

all theist man.
idc23

How much would you want for the leggies ,just out of interest.
HotPearlSnatch

Sorry for the late response idc23, i still have the leggies and PM me if you're interested.

They are spanish so no front mudguard mounts [spanish turning type used on these]. Very thick steel, need blasting and prepping. I'll send pics if you like.
idc23

Im getting mine repaired.

Cheers Ian
hatch
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

idc23 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:37 pm I am going to do a rustoration on my 1960 series 2, the runners are quite coroded with holes,same as legshields ,but i want it to look as found after being behind a shed since 76.Looked in the m.o.t manual can't see anything about sharp edges, has anybody else done a rustoration with corrosion in panels, i obviosly want it safe,what is the best way of fixing down the holed damage,but keeping the original look,if that makes sense,any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers all
Ian
ive just registered a 1963 lambretta , you dont need an mot now to register it just insurance , as long as the scoot is complete if they do an inspection on frame and engine number it will be fine
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hatch wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:58 pm
idc23 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:37 pm I am going to do a rustoration on my 1960 series 2, the runners are quite coroded with holes,same as legshields ,but i want it to look as found after being behind a shed since 76.Looked in the m.o.t manual can't see anything about sharp edges, has anybody else done a rustoration with corrosion in panels, i obviosly want it safe,what is the best way of fixing down the holed damage,but keeping the original look,if that makes sense,any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers all
Ian
ive just registered a 1963 lambretta , you dont need an mot now to register it just insurance , as long as the scoot is complete if they do an inspection on frame and engine number it will be fine
ive just restored and registered a 63 series 3 and it doesnt need an mot or insurance to register it, just a nova, authentication letter and your fee, plus the form
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information