New lml engine from india

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Anyone got one of the above off flea bay? My next resto is a px which has no power unit atm, these don't seem to bad at just over 550 delivered? Was wondering about the quality, of course, got a mate who had an lml ( complete scoot) and in some ways it was better than the later Italians. Engine cases are available at around 150£!
Muttley McLadd

There's a set of real ones on ebay at the minute:

Here

A bit more money. But you wont need to spend money helicoiling all the important threads
CakeAndArseParty
coaster

My experience is that some LML parts from indian ebay dealers can be hit and miss but a lot of it is fine e.g. Bought a dismantled LML Reed induction 125 engine off ebay and sent it to Byron (Lambretta Rehab) to sort out with me sorting out ordering the big bits which were:

New Cast Iron 150 top end, patern part but the quality was superb, came with piston for £24.99 plus the same again for postage but Byron had to source a 150 head.

Complete clutch assembly, £9.99 delivered and has proved absolutely fine

Complete flywheel, stator, cdi and regulator, around £50 delivered

Clutch operating arm, £5.00, might have worked ok but Byron refused to fit it as it looked crap so sourced an Italian used item instead.

Byron sources all the bearings etc. and put it all together with his customary love and care and it is an absolute peach of an engine. I subsequently swapped the read petals for Polini ones and with a SIP Road 2 on it buzzes along very nicely
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

I've seen those mutley cheers. Thanks for the feedback, I'm after a px engine for my next project, and there getting a bit scarce (for reasonable $). Theres a t5 case on flea bay for £150 delivered!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information