Lambretta stainless stand

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Hi , guys
Looking to purchase a stainless steel stand for a series 3 , lve read some are too tall making front wheel airborne and others have the brackets welded in the vertical position which makes the scooter prone to coming off stand . Any recommendations on who sells the best ones out there please ...thanks .
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Just Lambretta (Corrado on here) does a good one.
Mrnice71

sparklymarkly wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm Just Lambretta (Corrado on here) does a good one.
Looked on his site but none on there :(
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I bought a tsr one. Pretty good but definitely not perfect. It needed around 40mm taking off each leg and i had to use aluminium feet as the rubber ones wouldn't stay in place because there was no hole for the pin.
Mrnice71

hendy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 am I bought a tsr one. Pretty good but definitely not perfect. It needed around 40mm taking off each leg and i had to use aluminium feet as the rubber ones wouldn't stay in place because there was no hole for the pin.
Looking for one l don't have to mess with hendy , heard some are very hard to drill
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Mrnice71 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:52 pm
hendy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 am I bought a tsr one. Pretty good but definitely not perfect. It needed around 40mm taking off each leg and i had to use aluminium feet as the rubber ones wouldn't stay in place because there was no hole for the pin.
Looking for one l don't have to mess with hendy , heard some are very hard to drill
Correct. Unless you have access to a machine shop you have diddly squat chance of drilling stainless round bar. But if you're happy to use aluminium feet and have a cutting disc they're fine.
Mrnice71

Just an update on this bought the MB stand in the end a perfect fit & height , well worth paying the extra but purchase the matching return spring too :)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

hendy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm
Mrnice71 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:52 pm
Correct. Unless you have access to a machine shop you have diddly squat chance of drilling stainless round bar. But if you're happy to use aluminium feet and have a cutting disc they're fine.
Just confirming the above really .... I had some Viet ones, (Spaq), I had to cut about 25mm off them and as said they're near on impossible to drill, so fitted the alloy feet and sold them at parts fairs. I didn't buy any more. Had some from Stainless scooter products {Kings Lynn way} which were very good but not sure if they're still in business.
Just got one from Scooter-Center listed as galvanised, seems to be correct size and angle but not magpie shiny. Scootopia do good ones painted White, I presume originals were painted White.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information