Lambretta lower chain guard?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Bin it or fit it? Fitted a nylon push down type on my gp with no bottom guard, no issues. But was reading on a northern dealer site, recommended fitting lower chain guard?...
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Suede Ed wrote:Bin it or fit it? Fitted a nylon push down type on my gp with no bottom guard, no issues. But was reading on a northern dealer site, recommended fitting lower chain guard?...
I've got a pull down guide with no bottom guide.I suppose it all depends on what type of chain your using.If your using a cheap chain there's a chance it could stretch and hit the bottom of the chaincase.I've just had the sidecase off mine to change the clutch plates,thats after about 5000 miles,but the chain didn't need adjusting.I use an Iwis chain.
Suede Ed

Same as my Gp, which I may have to check soon, as I think the clutch has started to slip, time for a five plate...
HxPaul

I've just re-read my post and it reads like the clutch plates(surflex b)were worn after 5000 miles.It is 5000 miles since I fit the chain guide,the clutch plates have done a lot more.
mr oppinionated
Main scooter: GTS300ie

Forget the lower chain guide. If chain does stretch and starts flapping about a little, it will tear the bottom guide to bits. Use Iwis chains as mentioned, but of course you didn't state the power output. A standard engine isn't gonna put must stress on a standard chain, it'll just stretch over time.
Go for a cassette clutch if you can afford one....again, depends on power of motor.
HxPaul

With the OP asking the question in "Standard Scoots & Restorations" I assume it will be a standard engine with standard power.
Suede Ed

Casa 185 25mm del af clubman, so not to far from standard
HxPaul

Suede Ed wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:53 pm Casa 185 25mm del af clubman, so not to far from standard
I've got the same in my series 2,mine runs through an undrilled airbox,if yours is the same,what jets,atomiser and needle are you using in the carb.
Suede Ed

25mm was straight from the box (still havnt dynod it yet) so I don't know what jets, standard air filter thru drilled airbox
HxPaul

Suede Ed wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:52 pm 25mm was straight from the box (still havnt dynod it yet) so I don't know what jets, standard air filter thru drilled airbox
ok,thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information