F/B Pattern Parts

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Lamaddict

Are they Italian and are they any good? I've just bought an F/B part but haven't received it yet.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

F/B, do you mean FB Bosatta, supplier of remade electrical parts?
Lamaddict

Yes! I didn't realize it was followed on by Bosatta. I guess they also made GP headlights as well as the more common rear light.
Doom Patrol

Well, it might be FB Bosatta, or Fred Bosatta, I don't know. :D As you say they do light units. To be honest the GP tail light isn't very good. Looks the part, but it hasn't got a proper bulb holder. I do have a plastic Bosatta headlight in my GP. Not really that impressed. It might be the bulb, but the spread of light is very poor. Can't really speak for the SX one.

Another thing that occcurs to me is that both are pretty much redundant now, as far as I'm concerned. Scootopia are remaking both headlights and tail lights, as original, and you won't get better.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Doom Patrol wrote:
Another thing that occcurs to me is that both are pretty much redundant now, as far as I'm concerned. Scootopia are remaking both headlights and tail lights, as original, and you won't get better.
Yes proper bulb holder in the Scootopia GP headlight one unlike the crap one in the Bosata.
Doom Patrol

The Fred Bosatta ones are very poor. As you say, no bulb holder, as such, in the rear light. And, as for the plastic headlight it is truly dreadful. I did fit one, very briefly, but to be honest the light was so poor that it was a hazard. That very soon came out as Scootopia started remaking decent ones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information