headlight reflector replacement

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
mr mugello

Not keen on binning any original parts. Probably worth looking into.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Why not use the Carello headlight unit? Looks like it's in stock.
mr mugello

Don't think it's got the Innocenti name across the central glass what I like about my original CEV
mr mugello

Just bought a remade headlight unit. Advertised as deep glass cev tv lis headlight unit. Does it fit my original rim? No. Thought it was too good to be true. Glass depth is about half the size of my original. Why do they advertise items that are not what they say ? More hassle returning.
roli-olo

Pm sent Mr Mugello
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I did mine quite a few years ago - had a Carello lense - the reflector was shot.Removed the lense and bought a reflector from Scooter restorations (just checked they're out of stock!) .But other places seem to have them in

http://www.allstyles-scooters.com/acata ... _rims.html

http://www.sp-lambretta-parts.co.uk/pro ... 0REFLECTOR

http://www.lambretta.co.uk/shop/headlig ... -2720.html

Like I said with mine it was a Carello headlight unit.Bought a CEV reflector - I had a CEV bulb holder spare so wasn't a issue - used clear bathroom silicon to stick them together.Basically line the lense and the reflector up -writing the right way on the lense and the holes for the clip on the rear of the reflector in the correct position.Clear bathroom silicon, glue them together .Leave overnight with the reflector facing up (supported) and the lense facing up with a heavy book or something to push them together.Did mine like this about 6-7 years ago, still going good now.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

Did a smilar thing but instead of buying a new reflector, I made up a polishing pad for a drill, polished it to a mirror, then lacquered and rebuilt it .
mr mugello

Gets confusing. Did Innocenti vary the chrome headlight rim fit for sx tv Lis ? Should genuine Corelli ,Cev units be all interchangeable with original headlight rims ?
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

According to the parts catalogue there is only one thruppeny bit headlight rim but 2 types of headlights, carello and CEV.
http://www.scooterhelp.com/manuals
I found out that the Carello and CEV lens units were fully interchangeable ( done it) but the original CEV & Carello lamp holders are type specific.
The remade Scootopia Carello & CEV lens unit uses the same reflector so you need a CEV lamp holder. ( the website mentions this)

A friend of mine has had his headlight reflector chromed so it's possible, Chrome wrap vinyl may also be a possibility.

Hope this helps
mr mugello

Thanks for info. Think they sent must have sent me an LI unit. Main UK dealers seem all out of stock on the CEV glass at present. Thought it was too good to be true ! I looked at re silvering but was told it is too expensive from a chap who used to do them for Lambretta, but know stopped due to cheap remades about .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information