First Scooter Restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
xlewisc
Main scooter: Vespa px125

holty wrote:looks like a good project, i wouldnt recomend shot blasting, its very harsh, bead blasting, or sand or other substitutes are much less harsher, and will still remove paint and rust. your also going to need some repairs that will need welding, good look with your project, keep the pictures coming, post questions on anything your not sure about, lots of good advise on here, all the best holty
:D
yeah i was bit skeptical on shot blasting as its been known to put ripples in panels, so hopefully the guy i know can do either sand or soda blasting! yeah its a good job i work in a body shop and can weld then! I'm looking forward to some late nights over the winter! yes i will carry on updating regularly! thanks very much :)
xlewisc

Well had a look at the panels couple of dents bit rusty nothing major so put some paint stripper on them and this was the out come Image ImageImage

So give them a bit of a panel beating and got them straight my boss came over and went straight in with the massive linisher and just sanded the lot! Will get a bit of filler in them over the weekend hopefully and get some primer on them! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gaz_powell

Try your best to salvage the frame as it looks like a rare mark 1.5 p range - produced at the cross over of the p/px to the pxefl

generally on a circa 82-84 - I have an 82 Y reg

typical features mark 1 headset and steering lock, mark 2 panel handles, autolube with old style petrol cap, larger 20mm fork/axle, mark 1 rear mudguard, mk 1 horncasting, mk 2 switches with mark 1 wiring, mark 1 rear light, mark 1 toolbox, mk 1 seat ........ I`ll stop boring you ! but these are my favourite p range !!

good luck - keep us updated

you look like your in the right place to salvage it .

Gaz
xlewisc

Unfortunately have no time for this anymore so will be going up for sale!

Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's a pity. Still, at least there was a bit of interest on here. So, I think you'd sell it easily enough.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

There's always way more to restoring a scoot than you think.
jonzo172

That was quick... and I thought that I had a short attention span! :shock:
xlewisc

jonzo172 wrote:That was quick... and I thought that I had a short attention span! :shock:

Yeah I know! I have a few others projects that need finishing and funding! I'm also building a bmw 2002 turbo for a customer and that needs finishing so I have no time on my hands!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information