Not another series 2 (update)

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
simon

Had it running today :D :D :D it doesn’t seem to want to pull in first gear, but I don’t care it just about finished :D :D :D

joespeed

made a good job,looks well,
regards
joe
J1MS

That look's Fantastic........ 8-) 8-)
paul-ebsc

paint the rims red............ 8-)
simon

That’s hopefully all the, problems ironed out, took it a run to get it and my mates SX motd they past no problem, roll on Kelso :bouncing:

This is the plug after about 30 miles, what do you think :?:

J1MS

Is it still running in..?? it looks very close to right but running in I like it to show a little more brown to black on the plug ....Might just try a different plug till its got more miles on it.....But if its fully run in..... leave alone it looks good.. 8-)
simon

It’s only done about 40 miles, with a 3% oil mix, I was hopping the plug would have been a bit more oily when running it in

It won’t run with the standard series 2 air filter, I am running it with a homemade filter at the moment, what’s the best filter 2 get for a GP 200 engine with clubman 22mil carb
J1MS

simon wrote:It’s only done about 40 miles, with a 3% oil mix, I was hopping the plug would have been a bit more oily when running it in

It won’t run with the standard series 2 air filter, I am running it with a homemade filter at the moment, what’s the best filter 2 get for a GP 200 engine with clubman 22mil carb

I can see in your first post... The air box its the original LI series 2 air box with the thin neck....If you can fit a GP type air box on in place of this.... It should make the 22mm run cleaner as it will supply a better air supply thats more suited to that carb...Its possible to use an early TV one with the wider neck... but this throws the std jetting way out (Too weak)....Had a similar problem on a mates series 2 fitted with a 25mm dellorto wouldnt run right even after being dynojetted...Changed the air box on that from the LI series 2 narrow neck type.... for the early series 2 TV wide neck type .....then it came too life....back on the dyno and running fine...The choice of carb and air box rely on each other a little...Hope this helps... 8-)
simon

cheers J1MS
Yes your right, it won’t run at all with the standard 150 filter, was thinking of using a remote filter as I wanted to keep the original air box in situ

Has anyone used a remote filter on a standard GP200 engine?
PanosK

Well done Simon.
You have even gone for a ride. I envy you .

I can't fire my S2 up :flaming:

Well done my friend enjoy it.
http://vespaclubvolos.com
http://www.lambretta-club.gr
Li 150 II - Li 150 III - TV 175 III - SX 200 - DL 150 - Lui 50 - Rally 200 - Vespa 50s
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information