Match for Powder Coat?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I have a code for the colour I powdercoated my frame. Is it possible to find the colour code for a spray paint from that? Obviously, I could get the loop painted in a nice shiny colour, but I like the look of the powdercoat.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Im sure even Halfords use a special camera or something like that to colour match paint, so I can't see why they can't do it for powder coat. The powder shop I use says to use nail varnish as soon as possible if you chip the powder coat.
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

Whats the code ?
Most powders are RAL or BS codes that any paint shop can match.
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

GLscoot wrote:Im sure even Halfords use a special camera or something like that to colour match paint, so I can't see why they can't do it for powder coat. The powder shop I use says to use nail varnish as soon as possible if you chip the powder coat.
All you are doing is sealing the base substrate, nail varnish or paint touch up pen would do the job adequately.
Doom Patrol

GBCS wrote:Whats the code ?
Most powders are RAL or BS codes that any paint shop can match.
I think you're right. The code for the powder coat is 99002SGP. But it's the 9002 that's the actual paint code. I've checked it out myself and it would indeed appear to be right. I hadn't thought it would be quite so simple as that. Happy days! :D
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

Getting my brothers s1 li125 powder coated. Is 9002 the equivalent to dawn grey 8019.graeme
Doom Patrol

I couldn't say for sure. 9002 is listed as being grey white, and the powder coat version is as near as damn it to the original colour on my frame.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information