IDENTIFICATION GP150 / DL150 INNOCENTI CYLINDER

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Soulpunk

hello,
how can i identificate a gp150 / dl150 cylinder (without comparing portmaps) ?
which markings has it ? whats the difference between the dl and the sx150 cylinder (cylinder, not inlet, gaskets or head specs) ?
many thanks
scooterslag

Far as I'm aware the SX/DL/GP150 cylinders are all the same- its just the 22mm Delorto which gives the GP extra punch
The mack daddy on the left!
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

my understanding as well.

The SX150 and GP150 shared the same parts number (19511510) as did the head (19911015)

However, knowing Innocenti I believe that improvements to the cylinder were made during its production but retaining the same number (they did the same with SX200 cylinders)- so its anyones guess!

The GP150 certainly felt "more together" than the SX150- probably due to the 22mm carb; a more efficient exhaust (?) and tweaks to the cylinder.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Agreed, the same part number, the same identification marks (both have 2 notches out of the top fin + cuts across the spigot ... 90 degrees to transfer windows), and both have the same performance. I was running a totally standard DL150 and a mate had a beautiful unrestored UK SX150, and rode to and from my local scooter club meetings a number of times, the route of which took in steep hills, corners and the Oxford ring road. Performance of the 2 bikes was exactly the same, with both of us changing gear at exactly the same revs.

I note that the 60s tuning manual lists both bikes as having the same peak BHP and they certainly rode the same when pitted against one another, regardless of the manual stating that the 22mm gave the GP a wider spread of power. On the rode, they were exactly the same.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information