GP original CEV headlight anorak question

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Chris Tindal
Main scooter: GP150

There was once an extensive discussion on the old LCGB site about GP CEV headlights but I can't remember what was said. I have a definate original, but I recently bought on off e bay as a repro. On closer inspection I'm not sure it is. The one on the right is original and the one on the left looks like a rero.

On closer inspection the repro glass looks different to the ones on e bay. Here's the original, with little Jupiter marking.

Here's the repro, quite clearly a different font, but it looks old and has little dots between the letters, there's no Jupiter marking but it looks different to other repros

Here's both backs, original on the right.

Is there different original versions or is the one with the dots a repro?

Chhers

Chris
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I don't think either is original to be honest. That's not to say that they aren't good repros. What you need to be doing is looking at the bottom right corner of the lens for the little planet symbol.
Chris Tindal
Main scooter: GP150

The one without the dots has the little planet, what makes you think neither is original?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I just couldn't see it on the photo. By purely anoraky standards that one definitely ought to be the real McCoy. But as to the other, that's anybodies guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information