Air box removal seizes

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Mariner
Main scooter: Li125 series 3

Anyone got any ideas as to removing the bottom nut on a s3 air box. Access is difficult so can't get anything behind it to stop the other side spinning. Cheers
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The bolt should have a square head so it doesn't spin.If someone has replaced it with an ordinary bolt you can get a flat bladed screwdriver in from the other side (battery side) and lock the screw head so it doesn't spin.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Never had this problem but if you get a length of wire, coat hanger size or maybe a little thicker, hammer one end into a wedge shape the bend it near that end 90 degrees you should be able to put that end in beside the square head and stop it turning. Just an idea I hope works for you.
Mariner

Thanks very much I'll try both. I think it probably still is the square bolt but has rounded enough for it to spin. I tried getting a screwdriver in from the bottom of the bracket but to no avail. Thanks again
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Dremel. :-D
Mariner

I think Dremel wins. Tried the other two options.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

What I've done in the past is wedge an alan key in there. Stops the nut turning.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Doom Patrol wrote:What I've done in the past is wedge an alan key in there. Stops the nut turning.
That sounds better than my idea!
Mariner

The Allen key as the first thing I tried but just couldn't seem to get a good grip on it
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Mariner wrote:Thanks very much I'll try both. I think it probably still is the square bolt but has rounded enough for it to spin. I tried getting a screwdriver in from the bottom of the bracket but to no avail. Thanks again
You dont insert the screwdriver from the bottom you insert it from above the battery tray,or were a battery tray should be if you dont have one on your scooter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information