SIL Gp Light switch

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Does anyone have an image of the L/H light switch mounted on an 1980's SIL Gp, this is the type with indicators fitted and the light switch is integral on the gear support.
I had tried multiple searches but cannot locate an image.
Thanks
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Have you had a look on Scooter Restorations Website ? or Ring them they may have something
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Toddy wrote:Have you had a look on Scooter Restorations Website ? or Ring them they may have something
Its the only switch they do not have! they suggested AF but after 2 days of the phone ringing out i gave up.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Dave h
Main scooter: li series 1/heinkel 103a2

tried that link and all i got was this message :lol: :lol:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: spam

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

haha
this is the pic m8

shocky

Norrie Bodge wrote:Best pic I can see here - http://www.topdeadcentersc.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=3367
thats a serveta
my understanding is that the left hand switch is the one that does the dip and main plus the horn like the original right hand side and the right handside is the switch that scooter restorations sell for the right hand side which does the indicators the side light and the main lights on but not the hi/low function does that help ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
goldeneye

my GP bitsa I swapped last year had two light switches, both sx/gp type, on an Indian headset (thicker ends), the idea was if I fitted pathfinder lamps, I"d use the other (gear) side as the switch for these, never got round to it , and it had an old switch with no wires in as a blank. younggun Karl has the scoot now in Preston, I"ll see if he can post a picture.
shocky

goldeneye wrote:my GP bitsa I swapped last year had two light switches, both sx/gp type, on an Indian headset (thicker ends), the idea was if I fitted pathfinder lamps, I"d use the other (gear) side as the switch for these, never got round to it , and it had an old switch with no wires in as a blank. younggun Karl has the scoot now in Preston, I"ll see if he can post a picture.
Was one of the switches a 3 way one with an off position in the center
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
goldeneye

no , it was an Italian shaped GP switch with just hi-low/horn. the gearchange was in a box of bits I had for years, when I built this GP , it was the only indian gear change I had, so I used it. my old red indian GP had a rocker switch with an "off" position in the middle, as it originally had indicators from new, but that was a square right hand switch on the throttle side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information