SIL Gp Light switch

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

shocky wrote:
Norrie Bodge wrote:Best pic I can see here - http://www.topdeadcentersc.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=3367
thats a serveta
my understanding is that the left hand switch is the one that does the dip and main plus the horn like the original right hand side and the right handside is the switch that scooter restorations sell for the right hand side which does the indicators the side light and the main lights on but not the hi/low function does that help ?
Hi Shocky, thats correct, the RH switch is indicators and an engine kill (as per the wiring diagram in the SIL handbook) the L/H then controls the hi/lo and the horn, the L/H support looks to be the same switch shape as the std GP but scooter restorations believe it to be a different size aperture.
One solution i have found is to use a Vespa GS, looks period and is simply drilled and tapped into the original gear support, dead easy to wire up and readily available at around £25
http://www.allstyles-scooters.com/acata ... 60096.html
shocky

Boreham wrote:
shocky wrote:
Norrie Bodge wrote:Best pic I can see here - http://www.topdeadcentersc.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=3367
thats a serveta
my understanding is that the left hand switch is the one that does the dip and main plus the horn like the original right hand side and the right handside is the switch that scooter restorations sell for the right hand side which does the indicators the side light and the main lights on but not the hi/low function does that help ?
Hi Shocky, thats correct, the RH switch is indicators and an engine kill (as per the wiring diagram in the SIL handbook) the L/H then controls the hi/lo and the horn, the L/H support looks to be the same switch shape as the std GP but scooter restorations believe it to be a different size aperture.
One solution i have found is to use a Vespa GS, looks period and is simply drilled and tapped into the original gear support, dead easy to wire up and readily available at around £25
http://www.allstyles-scooters.com/acata ... 60096.html
you sir are a star :D
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Manos

That's the best I have.

Manos

Oh! sorry, thats a serveta...
AUSSIE

Oh the joy of indian wiring! I bought a brand new indian gp200 that was F reg, this had an indicator switch on the lh throttle support that was a similar shape to a gp light switch. All the indicator switch was a simple toggle with off in middle and a left position and a right. I also have a semi restored indian import with the same set up. There is also a set up that uses a switch housing similar to a Li, this had indicators on the bottom rocker horn and dip in usual place. This was used with a plain gear selector
I believe if an indian scooter was for the American or swiss market it had CEV switches the same as a Serveta.
If you send me a pm with a mobile number I can picture text you what the switch looks like as I have no idea how to post pics on here.
hope this helps Cheers Dave
shocky

pic courtesy of AUSSIE
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information