1970 GP150 turquoise or orbit orange?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
TurboTrev

Chris Tindal wrote:Not as keen on the red or two tone ones, my favourite is ochre but I've never seen a 150 in that colour. Trev what a coincidence, for the same reasons as you I've decided mine will be its original turquoise. Thanks for the input, it's helped clarify it.
There is an original paint ochre 150dl, someone I know has it (bought from Rimini). It certainly is a coincidence, as you say turquoise is a very rare GP150 colour. I look forward to seeing your build thread.
dave wheeler

ive seen original paint turquoise and orange gp`s, the last one I restored was orange which I think is a real `lambretta` colour, looked great and when I did it was quite unusual but seem to see loads now, both are legit gp150 colours, do what you feel!
Chris Tindal
Main scooter: GP150

Thanks Dave, I'm going for turquoise even though I really like the orange. The original 1970 log book says 'blue' but the first V5 in 1986 says turquoise. I assume the 'blue' meant turquoise or where there any blue GP's?
Argentopercarter

Chris Tindal wrote:Thanks Dave, I'm going for turquoise even though I really like the orange. The original 1970 log book says 'blue' but the first V5 in 1986 says turquoise. I assume the 'blue' meant turquoise or where there any blue GP's?
I seem to recall that the early GP 150's in the UK were white with blue or red panels & headset top.

Yellow ochre GP's & Vega's were often described on the log book as brown. My GP200 was but that may have been down to the dealer who registered it - I will have to ask him!
lambro

Chris Tindal wrote:Thanks Dave, I'm going for turquoise even though I really like the orange. The original 1970 log book says 'blue' but the first V5 in 1986 says turquoise. I assume the 'blue' meant turquoise or where there any blue GP's?
Personally I love the Orbit orange, and down in the west, you just don't see them, real or fake.
I had an original one which I sold to my local dealer for his collection, bit rough so being fully restored.

Blue, don't think I have seen a complete blue one, but another mate has this stashed away:

All original blue (not turquoise) and white, stashed for 30 years, and looking for a new home.

Shaun.
Chris Tindal

Interesting pic Lambro, maybe mine was two tone, but I do think it would have said 'blue and white' on the logbook though. I saw a logbook for an original British turquoise GP125 on e bay that said 'green' and if ochre ones where called 'brown' it must have been down to the dealer. I'll stick with turquoise as its on the first V5.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

I've had a totally original paint DL150 in red and white and I now have a totally original paint DL150 in blue and white.
When I took the forks out of the red/white one there were 2 brush strokes of paint on the fork stem, one in red and one in white. So when I had the forks out of the blue and white one I looked for paint marks and there they were, blue and white.
So have a look at your fork stem, if they are the original forks there could be some turquoise paint on them. :)
Slow is the new fast!
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Original paint Turq 125DL in as found condition.......I like the color 8-) G.

Chris Tindal

CPH, the forks have been and sand blasted at some point so all the original paints gone, interesting tip though so thanks. Mr G that's what mine did (I think) and will look like, although with the Brit market chequered flag and 150 GP badge.
TurboTrev

Checked my dismantled GP150 which is still in its original turquoise paint (original green logbook confirms turquoise) and the forks have white and red on them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information