Standard PX paint schemes

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
coaster

I have just bought a PX200 on an 03 plate which has metallic silver leggies and main frame but the panels, tool box, headset top, horn cast and front mudguard are a darker (slate) grey metallic. The combination looks great but the scoot had been down the road on the near side and the panel will need repainting once I've tackled the dents. My question is, is the darker colour on the panels standard or would it have been added by a later owner or the dealer (Midland Scooter Centre). There is a code which I suspect is the code for the silver attached under the seat (Platino 686). Any ideas?

Colin
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I'd suspect a previous owner but who knows. Personally, I'd take the need for the panel re spray as an opportunity to re spray all non standard parts back to original paint as, IMO, PXs look much better in one colour.

Is this to replace the T&G?
coaster

storkfoot wrote:I'd suspect a previous owner but who knows. Personally, I'd take the need for the panel re spray as an opportunity to re spray all non standard parts back to original paint as, IMO, PXs look much better in one colour.

Is this to replace the T&G?

Nice idea Paul but this is a surprise present for Jame's 30th so I need to keep work to a minimum. Apart from the damaged panel, and a cut short front mudguard the scooter is almost immaculate.......oh and it needs an engine sorting, see separate thread 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information