Lambretta Li 150 Eibar 61'

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
carlosgt
Main scooter: Li 150 S2

Hello! I would like to show you the restoration process of my 2nd series. I want to say that everything was made at home with my father's help, this is our first job :D original condition was ok, all parts were original except front and rear lights (rear light was from a Vespa). It only had some rust on the front mudguard.

Here you can see how it was when I get it, horrible "hulk" color and in some parts 5 paint coats (even the inside parts and wires were painted in green)

First of all, I used a Karcher water blaster to remove paint.

After some metal work and prime coat (I had to do more metal work after this photos)

Engine on homemade stand

Begin of mounting process

The end is near! :lol:

ITV (spanish MOT) passed! 8-) (I had some problems here because ITV workers don't know anything about classic vehicles :| )

Sorry if I did any mistake, I know that my English skills are not very good :oops: There is still some work to do, I bought a BGM ignition , 12V led rear light and 12V halogen front light. I will also take the seat to a leather professional and I want a fuel tap with Led indicator and 2 lucas/wipac spotlights.

I would like to know if you have batteries on your 2nd series with electronic ignition, what advantages does it have? (apart of turning on the lights without turning on the engine)
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Lovely and what a great job you have made, well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
soullad
Dealer

great looking scooter, well done, lovely !
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've got a '62 Eibar, they're much nice than the Italian the turning mudguard does it for me. Yours is super - well done
carlosgt
Main scooter: Li 150 S2

Shipleystevep wrote:I've got a '62 Eibar, they're much nice than the Italian the turning mudguard does it for me. Yours is super - well done
I think the same ( and not because they are spanish models :lol:) I don't know why Lambretta Italy didn't use the spanish mudguard when most of people likes it more. UK lammys where imported from Italy or built on the UK?

Thank you for all your comments ;) I'm only 23 years old and I love to restore anything old with wheels :D And it's even better because I share this hobby with my father :) He bought/got all our motorbikes when people considered them trash during the 80s ( we all have 3 Vespa 150S from different years)

I have another Li150 (same model and complete except the piston/cylinder but the rest of the engine is ok) but I'm thinking about selling it to get a Winter Model or a Li 3rd. 2nd series are my favorites but I'm not sure about having 2 of the same :lol: :lol:
YAMLAM

very nice. love it. well done
win or lose have a booze
scooterslag

Lovely ;)
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information