Early Series 2 Rear Light Lamps

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
PeteB
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 2 Li 150

I'm replacing the white rubber lamp holder in my early Series 2 rear light with a Casa one (the one I have was bodged to take two festoon lamps using a different lampholder years ago). The new rubber lamp holder has three festoon lamp holders, but (i) which ones are for the rear lamp and the brake light, and (ii) what wattage of lamp should go in each lampholder :?: I'm keeping the 12V Indian ac electronic kit I've run for years. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! :)
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

Think one in the middle is rear light (stays on and doubles as number plate light) and the two either side are brake lights (come on when switch activated). I got mine from Cambridge Lambretta.

Would assume you want 12v if you have 12v electrics. A lot of places are doing LED festoon bulbs now but not tried them myself.
PeteB

Thanks for the info OFTR. I did have a trawl through Google Images and found a old hand-drawn diagram for a 12V conversion for a TV II, and this shows what you describe: http://www.scooterbbs.net/board/DCForumID1/47423.html. This also gives all 3 lamps as being 12V/10W so I'll use this as a baseline.
I've got an account at CamLam, so I'll get one from there...
Cheers again :D
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I used LEDS, and doubled up on the centre....

Rear light on....

Brake and Rear.....

PeteB

Looks good Bob, and must take a lot less power than the 30W of filament lamps blazing away behind me at night... Think I'll pick up some thin plastic sheet and some lampholders and have a play. Cheers :)
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

Yeah looks good. Might invest in some LED replacements. Where did you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information