Sx150

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm sorry. You're an unreliable witless.
Chris-47
Main scooter: Sx150 li125 gp200

You don't give do u what a cock !!
mac

Choose the colour combination or single colour you like and do it like that, it's your scooter you'll be the one who's using it so have it how you like it and enjoy :)
Chris-47

Cheers mate
scooterslag

My rustoration SX which I've owned for 18 years now and love dearly. Really liked your scoot as you first bought it but if you're not happy then its up to you to do what you like with it. Not all my scoot is 100% original, I sprayed the VW blue on the panels in 96' and the forks, hubs and rims I finished in lovely Halfords silver :D what ever you do - just enjoy. Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
soulsurfer

The most sensible reply yet.
mac wrote:Choose the colour combination or single colour you like and do it like that, it's your scooter you'll be the one who's using it so have it how you like it and enjoy :)
Calm down Chris, your being rather rude yourself with your directed insults, and there's no need for that.
I'm afraid if you come on a forum asking opinions you'll get plenty you don't like, but that's the name of the game, personally I don't know why you'd come on a forum asking everyone to design the colour scheme for your scooter, it's yours not theirs, so just get on and do it and stop all this bleating.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Chris-47

I agree In what your saying and apologises for being rude but that was only directed at one person as were his comments , at the end of the day all I was after was opinions and feedback do I paint it back to original colours that it looks like now from the last resto or paint it a totally different colour .My mistake in my wording in the earlier part and people thinking that I ripped apart original painted sx150 lesson learnt that I need to choose my words carefully on these forums but many thanks for the rest of the comments and pictures well appreciated .
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

scooterslag wrote:Image

My rustoration SX which I've owned for 18 years now and love dearly. Really liked your scoot as you first bought it but if you're not happy then its up to you to do what you like with it. Not all my scoot is 100% original, I sprayed the VW blue on the panels in 96' and the forks, hubs and rims I finished in lovely Halfords silver :D what ever you do - just enjoy. Paul
Lovely looking bike Paul

I think we all thought that he'd ripped apart an original SX- obviously not the case.

My own totally original LI150S is up for sale on here- and yet again I'm having serious 2nd thoughts!! :D :D

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Unless you want to go for the 'as it came of the production line look' a scooter is an historic record of it's life covering what has happened to it. This may include bumps and scrapes and any thing any of its owners may do to it to make look better or go faster. This, of course is my opinion and is reflected by by own lambretta.
Last edited by Tractorman on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daggs

Chris-47 wrote:I agree In what your saying and apologises for being rude but that was only directed at one person as were his comments , at the end of the day all I was after was opinions and feedback do I paint it back to original colours that it looks like now from the last resto or paint it a totally different colour .My mistake in my wording in the earlier part and people thinking that I ripped apart original painted sx150 lesson learnt that I need to choose my words carefully on these forums but many thanks for the rest of the comments and pictures well appreciated .
Right now all that nonsense is behind us: In the end it's your decision. Personally, having done a few resto's in various styles. I've come back to the opinion, Innocenti had it right, more often than not.
An SX150 in all 'Thorn White' looks lovely. Equally, add some colour to the panels to give it a lift. Red or Blue or even a dark Green. Just don't splash colour everywhere. (Just my opinion)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information