Sx150

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Chris-47
Main scooter: Sx150 li125 gp200

People need your help got a sx150 been mention in the other forum it's now completey stripped and been shot blasted decision time now what colour to do it keep the same colours which is origInal I believe even though I'm not a great lover of the original Grigio primavera but I like the blue as shown in the pictures all the paper work for this scooter states blue and white original colours or do I paint it a totally different color what do you reckon need your help in this ImageImageImage
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

If that was the original paintwork, I would have left it as it was- too late now though.
Scootering since 1968.
colsx150
Main scooter: lambretta sx150

my blue and white sx
Chris-47

Now I like that what shades and white and blue did you use on that
colsx150

its lechler pure white & bmw metallic orient blue.
the colours look good together, even if i do say so myself :D
Chris-47

Yea they do indeed what colour did you do the toolbox petrol tank etc now I'm scratching my head do I keep it original like my picture above or something like your one .
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

[imgImage]/img]

Snap almost. This is my SX150 and first restoration in 2005, BMW metallic blue ( cant remember precise shade but will look if it's important) and the white is an innocenti shade Nuevo blanco its a really white (blue) white
colsx150

its your scooter so you can do it what ever colour/colours you like.
choosing what colour to do the scooter should be the fun bit, but its not its a bloody nightmare.
take your time making your mind up and look at loads of pictures of scooters to get ideas.
if you get it painted and then hate the colour your going to be pig sick.
i knew i wanted it bright white and dark blue so i was half way there.
make sure you do a dry build before getting it painted, bloke who painted mine didnt do it and nothing fitted properly when i put it back together.
Chris-47

Shipley nice scooter mate any more Picts and the shade of blue would be helpful ,colsx yea I know what u saying it's just all the history that came with States blue and white and is it wrong to change it from the original look
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

To be honest I think there should be a restraining order against you ever going anywhere near a scooter again. That is possibly the finest example of an original SX150 I've seen. Something which is apparently lost on you. You've ruined it and not only will it look like every other restored scooter you've probably reduced its value by half. Absolute genius! :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information