TV175 EXHAUST REPLACEMENT

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
camel

Hi....ive purchased a std tv175 series 3, apart from electronic ignition its as it was when it left the factory,the exhaust is a little tatty and ive had a quick look at some replacement exhausts,i don't want a clubman I want to keep it std....ive seen one std exhaust at £180 :shock: ..what are my choices available
I feel a fish out of water with this as ive only ever ran expansions :lol:
cheers in advance
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

You could try a SIL GP exhaust from Scooter Restorations. Don't know what the quality is like, as I've never knowingly seen one up close, but they'd be pattern exhausts and at a good price.
lambro

Tatty as in a blast and powder coat??
Or a replacement??

Tutto are the best for sound and quality, but dear, although cheaper than a good expansion.

If not rotten and deffo original and not weighing 30 kilo, blast and coat for me ;)
camel

Its not blowing so you may well have a point there Lambro
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

lambro wrote:Tatty as in a blast and powder coat??
Or a replacement??

Tutto are the best for sound and quality, but dear, although cheaper than a good expansion.

If not rotten and deffo original and not weighing 30 kilo, blast and coat for me ;)
You could do that of course, but you could probably buy a new SIL one for less. Or even look on e.Bay.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Doom Patrol wrote:
lambro wrote:Tatty as in a blast and powder coat??
Or a replacement??

You could do that of course, but you could probably buy a new SIL one for less. Or even look on e.Bay.
Fit is the problem - my TV3 Innocenti is rotten underneath. I have a SIL box on currently and the downpipe isn't the same as the "real" one. Result is the tinware doesn't fit properly with it on. I'm not mutilating it to make it fit.

It will be a Tutto for me - shame as the top is in good nick.

Did you have to do that?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Hot tank, blast off the rust and have it welded. If you find a good welder you can have it patched up and look good again. Has to be cheaper than a replacement although the TUTTO is a great factory exhaust.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Grumpy225 wrote:Hot tank, blast off the rust and have it welded. If you find a good welder you can have it patched up and look good again. Has to be cheaper than a replacement although the TUTTO is a great factory exhaust.
Good welders don't come cheap on this side of the pond.... ;)
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information