SX 150 Apple Green.

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
lucky-phil
Main scooter: Lambretta LIS Series 3

Hello,

I have an SX150 I'm restoring and love the Apple Green (Verde Mela) colour and I was wandering as mine is a late 68 model SX150 with panel clips did they paint the Apple Green colour on the no panel handled models?

Phil.

Ps I know it's anorak but want to get it right.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I think so.......................

late '68 was a bit of a "change over" period with SX still on the line but GP being produced very shortly thereafter. Some very late SX models still had sidepanel handles but others were just "clip on"

TBH if you like the colour then go for it

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
lucky-phil

My thoughts too it won't be an exact like for like but something along those lines. Apple Green S-Type is the plan.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

sounds good

TBH that period was when I first got into Lambrettas and I can't for the life of me remember ever seeing an Apple Green SX150 then. Thats not to say they didn't exist as some originals have surfaced over the years and look superb.

It was a time when stuff coming out of Milan did not follow the exact specifications as laid down by the "experts". For example, there was a mixture of handled and non handled sidepanels. Forks had push in and bolt in buffers. Later frame numbers had the earlier panels and buffers, and so on- so no definitive answers I'm afraid!

It could be that with the launch of GP, Innocenti were using up what was left for the SX- hence the mix and match.

As I said before, go for it and enjoy it

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
lucky-phil

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I did a bit of research and that period comes up with so many variations who knows what's right and wrong.

Mine has the panel clips, push in buffer and rectangular horn case badge. I'm going with my original idea ;)
Manos

I have never seen an Apple Green sx with out panel sidepanel handles.

But in this picture I can see some frames painted in this colore but I can't recognize the model.

lucky-phil if you like the colour then go for it.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

There so many nice details in this picture, two tone late Sx150 with late horncast badge always thought the seats look so flat, the Lambro:s, a red DL/GP and obviously a Giallo DL/GP and a J something. Love the chick with shades too... And the Verde Mela frame. I say go for it, these sx did not have panel handles.
soulsurfer

slangen wrote:And the Verde Mela frame. I say go for it, these sx did not have panel handles.
Yes they do...
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

I mean the ones in the picture obviously, with reference to the question if there where verde melas without panel handles and it would make sense if the green in the background was even a later production than the ones we see ready for delivery...
soulsurfer

slangen wrote:I mean the ones in the picture obviously, with reference to the question if there where verde melas without panel handles and it would make sense if the green in the background was even a later production than the ones we see ready for delivery...
Crikey you've got good eyes :-D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information