Lammy U Bend Question with pic

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Got the below combination, but the ubend's wrong. its for a 150, the diameter of the inlet on the exhaust body is approx. 42mm. Does anyone know where I can get the right ubend, an AF / KBA type? As you can see the inlet on the exhaust is on a 90 degree, and the bend in the picture kicks back to something like a 45 deg. Thanks for looking

[URL=http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Is that an Indian big bore exhaust? Doesn't look like an AF type Clubman to me. Not sure a U bend from a Clubman would fit. Those big bores are just poorly made, full stop.
Suede Ed

Yes Doom its an indian big bore exhaust. But I cant find a ubend to fit, the type I need is straight at the exhaust end, as you can see the one in the pic kicks back, had a look on AFs web site and their ubends look like they might fit, don't think they sell em separately though, emailed no reply yet..Dont suppose anyones got a spare?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I had one with the exact same problem. I just couldn't be bothered with it and got rid of it. I suppose if you took it to a builder or a plumber, someone like that, they could probably put it on their pipe bender. It's worth a try and they might be able to straighten it out maybe.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Suede Ed wrote: had a look on AFs web site and their ubends look like they might fit, don't think they sell em separately though,
http://www.afrayspeed.co.uk/index.php?p ... buteID=SIL
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Suede Ed

Thanks for the replies lads, AF do sell them separately, 30£ including post (oh, and you've got to get the flange welded on :roll: ) so they tell me.....as regards the exhaust, think I'll 'Mag to grid' ..as we used to say........
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Old thread but im having exactly the same problem. Anyone got a u bend for sale?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information