Another virgin restorer

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
clyde

MOT passed so off to the DVLA.
Junglemod
Main scooter: 62 series 3 li

:D
Suede Ed wrote:
Speed Demon wrote:I have a former virgin in need of restoration, can you help?
Is it a bottom up resto?
:D :D
Junglemod
Main scooter: 62 series 3 li

clyde wrote:MOT passed so off to the DVLA.
Fair play mate ,,,,,
Mines still awaiting paint , will post up soon as I get some updated pics ..
clyde

I just got it mot ready mate, now I'm pulling it to bits ready for paint. It's got 50 years of Spanish mud in every nook and cranny so slow going, although only had a couple of dodgy nuts and bolts so far.
Will get some photos up later, I've only been updating the "other" forum.

Hope to get it delivered to the painter this leave at least that way hopefully it might get done while I'm away and not slow things down to much. I'm going to be crazy and try and get it finished for the Exmouth rally???? But that might be pushing it as I haven't got the engine problems sorted yet and want to do it right first time if you get my meaning.

Never done a resto on one of these before so its a steep learning curve. The expense is a little more than I expected but isn't that normally the case......it's all the seals and little unexpected bits that's ramp up the price.
clyde

Nearly done

soulsurfer

Nice, I like that, great paint ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soullad
Dealer

lovely, credit to you mate !
floorfacedown
Main scooter: Lambretta Silver Special

Looks incredible, very impressive colourscheme. What were you're biggest challenges?
Shaunbond

Beautiful :D
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
clyde

floorfacedown wrote:Looks incredible, very impressive colourscheme. What were you're biggest challenges?
The whole thing was a massive learning curve. Id never pulled one apart, built an engine or anything like that before. Finding decent parts to fit is a nightmare, ive restored as much of the original as i can. Engine build and seals etc was abit daunting. Measured twice cut once and hope its all together ok. will find out when i fire it up.
Mainly Eibars are quite different in many ways and if your not an expert you dont realize this till youve took delivery of the wrong part, quite often what a dealer promised would fit. Then its the old "these are the best repos you can get" yes if i was repo,ing dog s**t maybe.

Ive learnt its a mine field and ive also learnt i want to do another. Its adictive like tattoos. you know you shouldnt but what the heck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information