Spirito di Sei Giorni (Spirit of Six Day)

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Keep the pics coming, looks great so far.
You`re a man after my own heart. Have been gathering bits up for a modern version of the 6 day racer too.
Have an old teabag 42L2, a Polini P2 engine and ET4 hydraulic front end. A bit to go yet though.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
ArmandTanzarian

It somehow seems appropriate that its back from the blasters on Halloween.

Behold......

FRANKENSCOOT!

On the plus side, it may not be pretty but its as solid as a rock. A tub or three of filler and it will be as good as new! ;)

The project goes on!
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
warts
Main scooter: honda

Ooh err indeed mate, bit of fettling still, but a very worthy project. Good luck & enjoy.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,silly question as I'm a lambretta man myself ! but why did you need to blast the complete frame? it just seems you've created more work with having to re-fill the legshields again.

Keep the pics coming as it looks interesting.

Dean
ArmandTanzarian

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:Hi,silly question as I'm a lambretta man myself ! but why did you need to blast the complete frame? it just seems you've created more work with having to re-fill the legshields again.

Keep the pics coming as it looks interesting.

Dean

I wanted to see what I was dealing with. As it turns out it was worse than I'd hoped but better than I'd feared. It may look awful but it's nice and solid. The floor looks brand new but the leg shields are going to be a pain. They aren't supposed to have any trim on the sides and I don't think they're up to it.
KCB

Those engine mounts look decidely dodgy Frankie, hardly any weld on them by the looks.

No wonder you are changing them!
ArmandTanzarian

More bits arrived. The panels more or less fit (or at least will with some fettling and new fixing points on the frame. The runners aren't quite as per the original bike but probably close enough.

GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Vespa GS GS150 by glmods, on Flickr

If you look at the front end closely, this is a disc front end built for the GL, Super ect. but also fits the GS150 front hub. Unfortunatly it was recalled after the internal axel collapsed, which I found out on a test run and nearly trashed my lovely MOD GS. Contacted the company and they told me there was a fault. Anyway, it is being redeveloped and thought you might be interested as you are looking for a disc front end. It's a bit expensive though around £400. I have also done the other disc conversion, which looks no where near as good. I also think that Worb5 do one as well, but that's even more money.
Gary
ArmandTanzarian

A quick go at the handlebars with an angle grinder and Voila!

I'm going to cut off the headlight just leaving the speedo housing.

BTW. Does anyone know where I can get a brake light switch for that master cylinder? It's a Grimeca so it isn't too obscure.
soulsurfer

f****n 'ell Frank you don't care do you, he who dares an' all that?
Excellent project, but I can't help suspecting that the frame was originally a Lambretta that's been cut, shut, smashed, bashed and welded into what we see here, reminds me of that old Peugeot 206 advert :-D Fair play tho' I like the look of this ;)

Where did you get the master cylinder from, I'm after a clutch side?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information