Remade legshields

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Bongster
Main scooter: 1986 serveta linx 125(175)

Hi there, I've been looking round for a decent set of legshields for a spanish li125 ser3 but prices are getting stupid for even crap ones.So was thinking of looking for some remade ones!, but trying to aviod viet ones :shock: .Can anyone tell me the best place to get them from!
Cheers
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

There's that place down on the south coast that usually advertise in Scootering. I'm not sure I've seen any legshields of theirs, but you'll know them because there won't be any holes drilled in them.
steve c

lambretta body bits in Hitchin, seen their panels, mudguards and legshields at fairs looked very good

Rodger on 01462 450000 or 07802 792020.

apparently their legshields are based on spanish ones,

I have just fitted a pair of late chrome ring geniune spanish ones on an li non chrome ring and they fit well. Which I wasnt expecting.
So their copies might be between the two styles.

steve
dirtyhandslopez

Yep, Lambretta Body Bits.
Ordered and had shipped a lot of sets of their stuff back in 2000'ish. Lots and lots ;)
All fit well, were the right shape and all that. As far as the lack of holes, got a drill handy?
The mold shouldn't be worn out yet, go for it.
That's not going anywhere...
kev.ts1
Main scooter: SX200

I got these remade legshields that came via a well known dealer - wrapped in Vietnamese papers. - Scary! :shock:
But they were actually all right and with holes in the right places (with a couple missing) and fit perfectly on a Italian frame with ring, I doubt weather anybody could tell they weren't Italian when there on the bike and badged up etc.
Image Image
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

kev.ts1 wrote:I got these remade legshields that came via a well known dealer - wrapped in Vietnamese papers. - Scary! :shock:
I always take great care in removing the evidence. :mrgreen:

Not strictly true as I remove it anyway to check they're ok before sending out. 8-)
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

corrado wrote:
kev.ts1 wrote:I got these remade legshields that came via a well known dealer - wrapped in Vietnamese papers. - Scary! :shock:
I always take great care in removing the evidence. :mrgreen:

Not strictly true as I remove it anyway to check they're ok before sending out. 8-)

^ Good Quality Control ^ ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I have to say, I tried at least 3 sets of 'perfect fit' remade leg shields and none fitted as they should. They fitted the frame ok, but, it's when you add the other parts like mudguard, horncasting and headset you start having problems. In the end I had my original damaged ones repaired and that would be my advice, re use what you have, or source some original ones. You'll find the extra cost worth it in the long run.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information