Original saddle seat nerds, apply here!

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Wondering if a seat expert can help out here.

We're redoing our Lambretta saddle seats but these samples we have appear to be two different makes, Aquila and AR (A.Rejna?), though front and rear.

I assume the Aquila is typical, not the AR, but can anyone clarify which bits front and back are different. On these samples virtually everything is different, even the width of the back bit, though hard to notice in a photo, and the curve of the support bars at the back. Obviously we don't want to waste our time making things different back and front when they aren't.

I would assume that normally every piece is the same except the base piece, and the front has holes in the back bit for the grip.

Yes? If so, we can do the Aquila one and just make two bases.

Or no?

Thanks!

LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Sorry cant help but would be intrested in knowing when you hope to get these into production
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Dunno if it's any help but the seats on my S2 TV175 look the same as the one on the right in the 3rd picture and the same as the bottom picture. Though it's very difficult to know if they're the original seats. It came via Norway. I can't see any makers stamps on them either, there is what looks like a stamped circle similar to the AP one but I can't see any letters.
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>would be intrested in knowing when you hope to get these into production

When I get some damn answers... ;) We made our new seat covers exactly like original ones so now we want to have the seats the same.

Thanks corrado, sounds like you have the AR ones. I'd like to hear from a bunch of people before deciding.
PanosK

In my S2 1959 the front seat is AR or AP and the back one is AQUILA .Apart from the base there are no other differences.

I hope I've help you.
Panos
http://vespaclubvolos.com
http://www.lambretta-club.gr
Li 150 II - Li 150 III - TV 175 III - SX 200 - DL 150 - Lui 50 - Rally 200 - Vespa 50s
scootRS.com
Dealer

Thanks, everything helps.

Strange, on mine the AR is the rear one. I do see some of the other differences on yours, like the back bit is bigger on one like on mine, and the top bar where the triangle attaches.

If anyone can weigh in with what they have...
PanosK

scootRS.com wrote: I do see some of the other differences on yours, like the back bit is bigger on one like on mine
The seat with the bigger back is the AQUILA
scootRS.com wrote: and the top bar where the triangle attaches
The seat with the U bent in the position that the triangle attaches is the AP one.

Generally there are not that many differences between the 2 seats. I would suggest to use the Aquila as a prototype.
http://vespaclubvolos.com
http://www.lambretta-club.gr
Li 150 II - Li 150 III - TV 175 III - SX 200 - DL 150 - Lui 50 - Rally 200 - Vespa 50s
scootRS.com
Dealer

Thanks again.

How odd that they used two different seat makers. (And that yours are the opposite of the ones I have here.) I wonder if everyone's is like this.

No wonder companies go broke :o
vespanic

Have had a look at my two single seats and mine look as though both are front ones as they both have holes drilled for the handle. One is Aquila but the other is Noemi Rosa. It looks identical to the Aquila although I've not measured anything. I can't remember where I got them from, possibly came with a series 2 I bought a while ago.
lambrusco

Here's a pair of seats i took off a 59 ser1 uk reg.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information