Kegra KR125 Spanish Lambretta

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
vince

When I used to work at Kegra , we developed a Spanish 125 using the autisa 125 cylinder and the 54mm stroke crank ,we produced standard bikes running a small carb through the air box and sold them new built like this , it was a much better power option than the standard of the shelf 125 you could buy.
just out of curiosity dos any one know the existence of one of these machines ?
Tuning on the tarmac dyno of life............
RICSPEED

this guy on fb was asking

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... 1684198026

was it the autisa kit on these ???
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
vince

yes we used the Autisa kit , it was a steel lined aluminium casting with a bridged inlet and a round exhaust flange.
tried that site but it was unavailable at this time.
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

like this ?
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Taff Frankland had one of these barrels for sale at Wicksteed earlier this year. No takers, cos I helped him load it back into the van.

I have a liner in the workshop. I use it as part of my engine mount extractor tool. It is perfect for this!
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I had one of those as it was a spare barrel that came with Ians old group 5 that he did.Went kin!!
Supereibar

The biggest problem with this kit (or one of them at least) was that it was only to be used with a 200 casing. The kit was 125 but it had a stud spacing of a 200. This could only be explained by one and only reason, and I need you Brittons to confirm this. The kits where thought for those who didn't have a permit or a reduced license to drive motorbikes up to 125. People would get the 200 and fit the 125 until they pass the exam, then they would take the bike back to 200. Not sure if this would make much sense but oh well. It is a possibility?
Then the other major problem is finding a 54 omega crank... Hens teeth. What are the possibilities of using it with a regular pin, as I don't think top & tail would work. Maybe a 1mm excentric big end pin and tailing about 1mm would do? How about the head? Or better, how did they thought about making centralised heads for a Lambretta back then?

J.
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Thats about right, the new laws meant that you couldn't ride over 125cc until you'd passed your bike test, you could buy the 200 (125 kit fitted) then take your test and take the kit off and fit a 200 top end. I'll bet they were took off as soon as the owner got hold of it.
It could be a advantage to have the 200 stud spacing, and a longer stroke crank instead of the 54mil.
Supereibar

Also, some people had the misconception that these kits where ever sold in Spain... NOT! These kits never saw light in our shops. Nobody from all the five different dealers that I have known, nor the racers of the time remembered AUTISA ever producing Lambretta kits. Interesting how they only targeted the UK market (as I don't have any knowledge of these kits selling elswere, even if the instructions where also written also in french and german) and didn't bother with us at all. I guess they deeply knew that we where hopeless with Lambretta. You Brittons had to come over through the Internet to show us how it is done... Sad but true :roll:
vince

I think you are spot on with the 125/200 down grade for licence then back up to 200 once you had completed your test. This barrel is very short and im not sure it would work with a standard longer stroke crank . When this barrel was first proposed for standard class racing in the UK , we ( thats Kegra) got a certificate of authentication from Sevetta in Spain stating that in the the 200cc machine was available with this kit as an optional fitment we needed this to prove the barrel was a genuine barrel available the the manufacturer and not a after market kit to go standard class racing , in those days kit barrels were not allowed in standards. all these proposals are put to the attendees at the AGM and voted apon to which end the barrel was voted in for acceptance into standards class by a large majority, but unlike now the committee would have the final say and behind closed doors turned the decision over and these barrels never ran in standards again. we campaigned one in group two ( up to 125cc) in the season prior to the committees overturn finishing third overall in a group of small frame vespas to the likes of Norrie Kerr and Mark Green. There is an old issue of Scootering number 28 feb 88 with the bike featured on the cover centre spread and an article inside. This bike featured ram air coooling, large cylinder head, legally routed Kegra pipe,30mm Amal, luminition,
Hows Janice she the nice girl who modelled on it for the magazine feature ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information