fibreglass panels

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Anyone know where I can get a decent set of fibreglass side panels,the type I'm after is sx150 clip on as I have a January 69 SX150 with the plastic toolbox etc.I've got a remade pair at the moment and suprise suprise :roll: they don't fit properly too much of a gap between the rear running boards and the panel.Ideally if anyone has an original set they want to sell (after Xmas) would be great but having tried these remade ones I was wondering if anybody has any feedback on the fibreglass type?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Scooterged
Main scooter: Lambretta gp

Hi

Just seen your posting re sx fibreglass panels bought some from a bloke at Wickstead Park parts fair he had a stall inside his name is Mark nice man, the quality of the panels are excellent thick fibreglass they are now painted and you have a job to tell the difference the ones i bought were for handles but removed the fittings and filled the holes with fibreglass two small U section ally channel glassed in on the inside for the panel springs this bloke Mark seems to make all sorts of things for scooters on his card its printed NO GIMMICKS OR BULLSHIT his Tel No is 07724 280805 hope this helps. :frog:
RICSPEED

if you ring him ask him to show us :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Scooterged wrote:Hi

Just seen your posting re sx fibreglass panels bought some from a bloke at Wickstead Park parts fair he had a stall inside his name is Mark nice man, the quality of the panels are excellent thick fibreglass they are now painted and you have a job to tell the difference the ones i bought were for handles but removed the fittings and filled the holes with fibreglass two small U section ally channel glassed in on the inside for the panel springs this bloke Mark seems to make all sorts of things for scooters on his card its printed NO GIMMICKS OR BULLSHIT his Tel No is 07724 280805 hope this helps. :frog:

Cheers Mate ,I'll give him a call
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Scooterged wrote:
his name is Mark nice man,
Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch with Mr Smoke too much. :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information