Lack of Posts

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

This forum used to be great for technical knowledge and all things scooter. Now its all about arguing not really any new scooter related posts. Hardly any pics uploaded anymore and all what I would call respected experts have disappeared. What's gone wrong??
coaster

Facebook is the main problem I suspect, the LCGB forum is pretty quiet as well.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

It's been really difficult to upload pics since Photobucket pulled the rug out and ransomed everyone's pictures.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

To be fair 'that thread' only looks like one long argument because a few people (on both sides mind) keep arguing over petty things not related to the thread itself.
On the other hand there'd be one big argument thread and one smaller lots of questions & no answers thread. :-)
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

This forum has helped me loads. I hope it continues, I prefer it to fb, as I can ask dumb questions and no one knows who I am! Seriously though the picture thing is a pain, but let's keep this going
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Tapatalk is the easiest way it's a free app you just put on the forums your on and it goes straight to scooterotica and you can put pictures or videos up free
Muttley McLadd

I doubt it, but it's possible that people are finally finding out how to use the 'search' function, and don't need to keep asking the same old questions.
CakeAndArseParty
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

In a time where most forums have folded due to lack of activity, I think it’s brilliant that Scooterotica is as busy and vibrant as it still is. It’s still the UKs No1 scooter forum in terms of number of members, numbers of posts, viewing guests/traffic, and searchable archives of information. We have new members joining at a good rate each day/week.

Is it the same forum it used to be? Definitely not. But nothing stays the same, everything changes.

I used to spend a LOT more time starting new posts, showcasing work from the garage, stimulating debate, and perhaps even being mischievous sometimes Image

We also had more input from Sean Brady, Darrell Taylor, Tony O’Brien, Sticky, Diablo, Avantone, Ricspeed, Paul Green, RinB, Lam46...and others besides. Business owners would frequent these pages (anyone remember Randall? Lol).

So yes, it was a different time.

But a LOT of those people arrived here before they had established Facebook groups/pages so much. Now, some of those people have established themselves in Facebook groups full of individuals who relate specifically to them, or their products, or their opinions. It can be a bit of a ‘bubble’. But that’s the way it is.

Others, like me, have moved on to other things and can’t find the time to post as much. So the ‘big posters’ who people liked to respond to or read their responses, perhaps aren’t now as active. Such is life.

I think also, the current BLOA/LCGB thing has been a very negative situation for everyone involved, and even those who aren’t. The level of posting around that mess has been overwhelming and has perhaps overshadowed other posts on here recently. It all adds up.

But there are still many technical questions and answers on here. I’ve read helpful threads this morning on jetting, 5 speed gearboxes, and ignitions. I’ve also seen some decent pics of Cartmels Vespa and Gary Inglis Lambretta’s.

I use Tapatalk to view the forum now, as it makes reading new posts and posting pictures SO easy. I’m sure if more people used Tapatalk, then there would be a LOT more images posted. No 3rd party hosting required, send images straight from phone to forum. Like these random pics off my phone of stuff I’ve been up to...

The forum is, and always has been, the net result of its members and their activity. So get Tapatalk on your phone/tablet, and get posting Image
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Great post above, as a mac user and not at all up to speed with tapatalk [??] how can i post pics from my computer?

I tried the flicker account thing and had no luck. I'd certainly post more if i could post pics as pics often start a conversation.

Great site though.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Do you own a mobile phone, and use it to browse the web?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information