Drinking and riding

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
eden
Dealer

SULK video competition.

I've never been the same since!

http://www.scooterlab.uk/SULK-sena-comp ... ide-video/
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I've not conducted any experiments with driving, but I know with skateboarding even after 1 pint of real ale, I start to lose the co-ordination and reaction speeds to Ollie up to a bench. After two pints it's difficult to even get up a kerb.

In the 70's and 80s there used to be a surf contest at Sunset Cliffs that required you to down a pint of beer after each heat. The eventual winner was the guy who could surf best drunk and sober. Needless to say, this contest didn't get much mention in the surf press at the time!

Where I work there is a very strict alcohol rule, which is half that to drive a car. Presumably this is in case I crash my computer, or can't find my desk. It's a blanket rule, there are spot checks and any failures is instant dismissal.
ArmandTanzarian

EddieStone wrote:
Where I work there is a very strict alcohol rule, which is half that to drive a car. Presumably this is in case I crash my computer, or can't find my desk. It's a blanket rule, there are spot checks and any failures is instant dismissal.
Mine too. Quite what danger I'll be in except maybe some uncoordinated mouse* work I'm not sure. The limit is so low that I could probably get sacked for coming to work the morning after even a moderate night before.

Luckily, in the last ten years, I've never heard of anyone anywhere ever being tested.

*computer not furry.

PS: Does anyone else think that beer and banana racing should be an Olympic event?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
warts
Main scooter: honda

When I first worked in Germany, I was amazed that guys would bring drink into work. The guy on the bench next to me would get through 12 l bottles every single day.
Then there was Augustine, he was there before us and was always in the works cantine, downing Unterberg before work. He kept his level well topped up all day.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

warts wrote:When I first worked in Germany, I was amazed that guys would bring drink into work. The guy on the bench next to me would get through 12 l bottles every single day.
Then there was Augustine, he was there before us and was always in the works cantine, downing Unterberg before work. He kept his level well topped up all day.
Agree I couldn't believe the Germans when I was across there at an aerospace factory beer in the vending machines , beer in the canteen yet it never affected them however much they drank :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Toddy wrote:
warts wrote:When I first worked in Germany, I was amazed that guys would bring drink into work. The guy on the bench next to me would get through 12 l bottles every single day.
Agree I couldn't believe the Germans when I was across there at an aerospace factory beer in the vending machines , beer in the canteen yet it never affected them however much they drank :lol:
The French are the same. I was umpiring at an tournament in france and at lunch time the old froggy umpires were knocking back the wine like water.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I remember riding my scoot pissed up, round the field in Hartlepool on the Nuclear run years ago, it was a laugh for me and me mates but in hindsight and the passing of a number of years, it was a stupid thing to do.

It not big and its not clever!
eden
Dealer

i'll go sit on the naughty step :(
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Just to be clear here, I'm not having a dig at anyone in particular! Just expressing my personal opinion for what it's worth.

Ride safe and sober if possible

Ciao for now :D
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Before my wife moved in with me I used to keep my fzr400 in the house.

I went out one night and had a skin full. Got home carried on drinking on my own and ran out of ciggies. Can you see where this is going?

Inevitably I made the obvious and logical choice to ride the half mile to the garage on my bike. I hit a roundabout at around 50mph (or at least that's how I recall it). Somehow rode straight through the flower beds on the roundabout and onto the garage forecourt on the other side of the roundabout.

Remarkably I made it home unscathed. The memory of this stupidity has stopped me from even having a half of shandy when I'm on my bike, scooter, motorcycle or car.

Scary s**t.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information