EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

wayne cudine wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:Didn't Dyson go to Malasia with the help of an EU grant?

Yes he did in about 2003 as I lost my job after working on his vacuums in Stamford Bridge.
I'm struggling to understand why the EU would fund the export of EU jobs outside of the EU.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

This is starting to heat up, as an undecided I'm wondering if our southern neighbours will actually go against the gov, north of the border we've shown were a nation of shitebags with the indyref. Wondering if the share owners etc will vote against wot with the culture of if the markets bad so will life be.

Popcorn time. ;)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Dyson didn't use EU funding to move jobs to Malaysia at all, total nonsense.
He made that decision himself, and thats why, although I'm a fan of his products, his politics and his viewpoint on brexit sound very hollow to me, it's no good being 'stronger outside of the EU' if you sell your own fellow countrymen down the river whether we're in or out.
The mans a total hypocrite.
10 inch Terror

That's why I asked if he had EU funding. If he didn't then that's a different matter. There are plenty of other examples of British jobs going abroad with EU funding though. The Transit plant in Southampton going to non EU Turkey for one.
a.j

wayne cudine wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:Didn't Dyson go to Malasia with the help of an EU grant?

Yes he did in about 2003 as I lost my job after working on his vacuums in Stamford Bridge.

Oh man, that sucks.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

A pretty little girl named Suzy was sitting on the pavement in front of her home.
Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures; in her hand was a sign announcing “FREE KITTENS.”
Suddenly a line of big cars pulled up beside her. Out of the lead car stepped a grinning man. “Hi there little girl, I’m the leader of the Conservative Party, David Cameron, what do you have in the basket?” he asked.
“Kittens,” little Suzy said.
“How old are they?” asked Mr Cameron.
Suzy replied, “They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet.”
“And what kind of kittens are they?”
“They're REMAIN IN THE EU supporters,” answered Suzy with a sweet smile.
Mr Cameron was delighted, a golden opportunity beckoned.
As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens. Recognizing the perfect photo op, the three of them agreed that they should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.
So the next day, Suzy was again on the pavement with her basket of “FREE KITTENS,” when Cameron’s motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, Channels 4, Channels 5, CNN and Sky News, cameras and the audio equipment were quickly set up, then Cameron got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.
“Hello, again,” he said, “I’d love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away.”
“Yes sir,” Suzy said. “They're BREXIT supporters.”
Taken by surprise, David Cameron stammered, “But yesterday, you told me they were REMAIN IN THE EU SUPPORTERS.”
Little Suzy smiled and said, “I know. But today, they have their eyes open.”
timexit17

Hilarious, it'd be more accurate though if it was the BBC 'light service' and the PM was Anthony Eden though since that seems to be the golden era we are all going to return to on June 24th if Farage is to be believed.

I do so hope so! Petroleum at 4s a gallon, 9d a pint, and you can buy a house for less than £2000 english pounds you know!
As soon as we get those johnny foreigners sorted out and regain the empire we'll be laughing.
a.j

The extremely sad thing is there's probably quite a few people who believe Nigel Farage actually thinks that. Pathetic.
timexit17

Ah well, on balance there are actually (yes I know it's hard to believe!) lots of people that believe Turks are gathering at the UK borders as we speak and that 50 million quid a day 'disappears' into the EU!

Most sane people couldn't make it up!
10 inch Terror

I've spoken to 3 remainers this week, and after watching in disgust Geldof and his cronies abusing hard working fishermen on the Thames this week, they have now switched to the leave campaign. Well done Sir Bob, keep up the good work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information