EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Heart says out but head is currently undecided.

Pity we couldn't join a "Common Market"

As for selling to other countries outside the EU. This appears to be vetted by the EU before we can sign an agreement, which doesn't seem fair. The UK can export technology and high end market goods which are sought after by countries outside the EU with out the restraints that the EU imposes, which is surely a better way to make agreements.

We would still sell and import goods from the EU, after all we are the second largest economy in Europe, as to what this will cost no-one knows.

It's the scaremongering that niggles me. saying if we vote out we won't be allowed back in.......why not ? if it doesn't work out why can't we go back ?

In or out I can't see my life style changing much......
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

all for a "Common Market" Mick- in fact this is what we signed up for in 1973.

Unfortunately we were lied to and it rapidly became a Political Union with GB at the bottom of the pile and the rest of Europe holding their hands out for money..........
Scootering since 1968.
coaster

ArmandTanzarian wrote:................ The most worrying aspect is that I just don't trust the Tories. Free from the restraining hand of EU social policy the last vestiges of worker rights will be gone within 24 hours.
My thoughts also :(
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

As for being safer in the Eu? The Eu is pushing to bring the ex soviet states into the fold and antagonises Russia who traditionally think of them as their own thus causing the Russian state to cry foul and start to rattle their Sabres which means the Eu cry to NATO(who have been keeping the peace in Europe since the end of ww2) or have they ( Balkan War ?) . The idiots in charge are playing a Very dangerous game with the lives of all of us. Safer in? my Arse.!
immylam

EU in its current form is unable and unwilling to change and Britain staying will not change things one iota so out for me, collapse the structure as it stands and rebuild a proper European Alliance. We have Nato for defence , Separate trade deals in place so EU in current form is nothing but political union. The collapse may not be down to us anyway as there are other countries where discontent is growing and people pressing for a referendum with the Dutch leading the way.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

100% out.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The Balkan War did not occur in the EU. European and UN peacekeepers failed in their mission to protect the civilian populations. It was a an inter-community ethnic based conflict of the sort that used to afflict the rest of Europe, it was caused by the collapse of an artificially constructed totalitarian state held to get her by a strong leader with a personality cult which had suppressed the tensions for 40 odd years. It was a classic example of what can happen when you identify and demonise 'the other'. That it could be allowed to happen on our civilised doorstep, two hours from your local airport, is a stain on the rest of Europe and shame on us all.

I don't think the Ins or the outs will change their positions, it's the people in the middle that will make the difference, in the same way as in the Scottish referendum, I think a lot will baulk at a leap into the unknown 'better the devil you know' might still win out...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if the different regions vote notably differently.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

Is that the "once in a lifetime" referendum that the snp will renage on if the vote goes against them?
An insult to the Scottish people who voted to stay in the union.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Out
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Out for me

Too much uncontrolled mass immigration.
I go to the dentist.... Signs in polish.
I get told i have to pay.... I say yes i know and sit down.
In walks a eastern european.... Nurse says do you work he says no in broken english. She says ok sign here its free.
In walks a black man..... Same question.... Same answer... No i dont work in a broken english voice.
I get called in for my check up.

My ex moved our kids from one catholic school in york to one closer to home.
A teacher who teaches at the first school lives near me. She said it was probably a good decision to move your two boys. We are haveing to concentrate on teaching the polish kids English so the rest are falling behind.

These i know are fact as it happened to me.
I have paid tax for 32 years. Why should my kids education suffer.
Why should i have to pay for dental treatment when foreigners Dont.

Yes i know we have our own wasters and spongers.
Why should i pay for others.

Robbie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information