EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

by asking those questions, based around the leave campaign promises I attempted to highlights how empty the promises were and a complete lack of a plan.
All of the points I have put were laid out and open for the leave backers to dispute and put forward their own counter arguments,
Now boohoo sore looser I hear you cry. That's a matter of opinion but before you deride me,follow the argument.
I have shown the complete lack of a post Brexit plan, ( none of my points have been successfully disputed)
The deal with the U.K. Public was, we vote for you -stick to your promises, which I have attempted to show has been broken.
We are about to enter into an uncertain an interesting period which could go both ways.
I want someone with a strategy who the British public can trust to get us through this, someone with a plan.
Someone who will lay out honestly what is possible, what we will have to give up to get what we need, then go and get it.
Not come back saying well it was a bit of a misunderstanding, no I never said that.

Here is an interesting take from the French on our bilateral agreement over the border
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... itain-foll
jonzo172

I'm interested to know exactly what it was you expected to happen post referendum and Leave majority?
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I can tell you what I was expecting.

Given how long we have all known that this referendum going to happen, I was expecting that the government would have had plans in place for either outcome. Presumably, if the result had been to remain they wouldn't have had to expend too much effort as it would have been "business as usual". However, it seems that they have spent even less time on the leave plan as there doesn't seem to be one.

He (Cameron) should have had the Article 50 declaration in a sealed envelope ready to either burn or post. His negotiation team lined up to engage with the European Parliament with a clear set of objectives.
Did you have to do that?
jonzo172

As I see it the government is executing its pre prepared plan.
Cameron's position is untenable with a Leave majority and he has quite rightly stepped down within a timescale which allows for the (in his view) right people to be elected within his party to take negotiations forward.
There were announcements from the BofE and Chancellor to help stabilise financial markets which in the short term they have managed to achieve.

More haste, less speed.
DigDug

Doesn't look like much of a plan to me.
Did you have to do that?
Muttley McLadd

DigDug wrote:Doesn't look like much of a plan to me.
Sounds like a fine plan to me.

CakeAndArseParty
DigDug

Did you have to do that?
jonzo172

You expected your government to have a plan and they had, you may not agree with their plan but nether the less it's obvious to me they had one.
Muttley McLadd

Here it is in action:

CakeAndArseParty
simonwwfc

Out :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information