EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

sydduckett wrote:I lean towards out, but id like to move to france in the future and would be better suited if we stay in. I dont think i will vote but i expect it will be about 70%_ 30% in favour of staying in.
If this forum is representative at all then it looks like 80-20 out, but perhaps like the Scottish referendum there's a silent majority who're not only afraid of the consequences but also of being shouted down by the 20% on either side who're engaged.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Time will tell Rosscla,
No right or wrong in this debate is there.
The country will decide one way or another.

It will be interesting to see what happens to cameron. I know he is stepping down. But if we stay in europe his euro sceptics may stab him in the back..... Even more than they are now.
Who would/will replace him. I dislike osborne with a passion. Teresa may reminds me of thatcher so no way and im not sure if boris johnson is a genius or bumbling idiot. I am thinking the latter.
As for labour no way will i vote for corbyn...... Ever

Robbie
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

ducksta wrote:Another way to think about this out and everybody supports the conservative party as they will be making the big life changing decisions

The Toff(Tory) party only promised a referendum because UKIP caused such a huge shock with the amount of votes gained after saying they would hold one. We wouldn't be having this topic of conversation at all if they had bombed, also the fact that they only got one mp compared to the amount the snp have in parliament with less overall votes proves how out of kilter our "democracy" really is.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

i'm no fan of the Nats but they won all those constituencies under the same voting system that returned the one swivel-eyed loon. They had to win a majority in every one of those seats. What does that tell you about the state of feelings here?

1. The traditional unionist parties are not trusted.
2. There's no realistic alternative in people's eyes.
3. The Nats haven't been caught out yet in any scandals.

Scotland has 59 seats in parliament, just more than 10% of the total, 533. That on a population of 5.3 million, slightly less than 10% so you could argue we’re slightly over represented.

For the Scottish Parliament we have a PR based system which is specifically designed NOT to return a majority government and to encourage coalition government and pluralist politics. This however has also resulted in an SNP majority.

The rest of the U.K. had a chance to go with PR, albeit a slightly weaker version, but it was rejected.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

In for me.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

rosscla wrote:i'm no fan of the Nats but they won all those constituencies under the same voting system that returned the one swivel-eyed loon. They had to win a majority in every one of those seats. What does that tell you about the state of feelings here?

1. The traditional unionist parties are not trusted.
2. There's no realistic alternative in people's eyes.
3. The Nats haven't been caught out yet in any scandals.

Scotland has 59 seats in parliament, just more than 10% of the total, 533. That on a population of 5.3 million, slightly less than 10% so you could argue we’re slightly over represented.

For the Scottish Parliament we have a PR based system which is specifically designed NOT to return a majority government and to encourage coalition government and pluralist politics. This however has also resulted in an SNP majority.

The rest of the U.K. had a chance to go with PR, albeit a slightly weaker version, but it was rejected.
The PR system put in place by Westminster, a system they'd never consider using themselves = more hypocrisy.

P.s I was a yes voter but I'm more a federalist than nationalist.
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

in or out it won't make any difference if you think a no vote will actually mean out you are deluding yourself's Call me Dave will not let us leave.
just wait and see.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Den 08 wrote:in or out it won't make any difference if you think a no vote will actually mean out you are deluding yourself's Call me Dave will not let us leave.
just wait and see.
This is true. He promised a referendum. He didn't say he'd do anything about it.
Daggs

UK votes out. SNP get the hump. Have a second Ref. And leave the (dis)UK..England celebrates........ :D
jonzo172

2 birds 1 stone!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information