EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Can we get this right? Of the the £350 million a day we pay in, we get back around £160 million a day from the EU, so not the figures as quoted. More importantly, we have a generation coming along behind us who have grown up in the EU and think of themselves as European more than little Englanders. My son is about to start his PhD having got a very well deserved 1st at UNI.

His Facebook quote below
"Congratulations everyone who voted leave, the generation who has to live with this decision the longest was the generation who least desired this result. I am genuinely sick to my stomach at the thought of the uncertainty our futures hold now. What kind of message does this send to the world? We look like a bunch of arrogant, old-fashioned, xenophobes. What will the leave campaigners have to say when this "stronger, independent Britain" collapses down around them?
I'm going to sleep to see if we can try this day again.
What a f@@king omnishambles.
Being part of the EU had a key part in science and research in this country, as someone who is about to embark on four years of hard work into the world of research, I can't help but wonder if many of the opportunities I would've had will no longer be available to me?"

As this thing unravels, some of us won't be around to see the outcome of this momentous decision. Yes, I voted in because I believe if you aren't in it, you can't change it. In two years time when we are really out of it, we won't have any influence at all.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Personally, I think the EU will be gone within the next 5 years anyway.
Scootering since 1968.
a.j

dapper wrote: I am genuinely sick to my stomach at the thought of the uncertainty our futures hold now. What kind of message does this send to the world? We look like a bunch of arrogant, old-fashioned, xenophobes.
nuttyboy
Main scooter: lambretta

Too many people talking crap who obviously don't understand what they were even voting for ,unfortunately Mr Cameron never gave people true ans to questions asked just tried to scaremonger us ,now it's gone the other way people want to moan and complain,,only person to blame is the campaign leader ,money talks ,jobs talk ,immigration talks unfortunately he couldn't guarantee people anything ,,maybe a better deal with the European union was he's only hope .in or out I'm not really bothered but feel now is the time to stop the rot and make Britain what we once were,were not worse of out off the e u there worse off without us..we're still be the first country ready to fight for other countries if needed ,,would anyone for us very unlikely I think.nothings changed we are who we,are we're great Britain now is the time to make us great again....

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
nuttyboy
Main scooter: lambretta

So your only interested in your own job and future ,,that's why your out lol

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Did anyone see the footage of the vote counter appearing to rub out a vote and re-mark it? I did mine in biro for this very reason.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

^^ link's broke.

I"m just glad the result is 'advisory' and now that our elected officials have realised that gambling their careers on something this monumental was a bad idea, and they've now had to stared over the abyss, that they'll maybe put their own careers behind the good of the country.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Now that we have cut off the EU rudder, what the nation needs now more than any other time since WW2 is a strong leader.
As no one remotely close to that description exists in parliament I'd like to see Boris at the helm.
He has more than played his part in making the dreams of 52% of our citizens come true and deserves the chance to make those dreams a reality.

Good Luck Britain
Muttley McLadd

Spanish Fly wrote:As no one remotely close to that description exists in parliament I'd like to see Boris at the helm.
As someone with no intention of ever visiting there again, I too could do with the good laugh that this will provide.

:lol:
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information