EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

jonzo172 wrote:"That's representative democracy for you,you can't blame Tony Blair on anyone else but yourselves, he's not europes fault he's yours."

Correct and he was duly removed from power by the people of the UK.

No he wasn't, he resigned but don't let the facts get in the way of a good sound bite
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I never ever voted for tony blair.
Or david cameron or margaret thatcher.

I thought tony blair resigned... And gordon brown took over and became an unelected prime minister.

Robbie
jonzo172

diesel wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:"That's representative democracy for you,you can't blame Tony Blair on anyone else but yourselves, he's not europes fault he's yours."

Correct and he was duly removed from power by the people of the UK.

No he wasn't, he resigned but don't let the facts get in the way of a good sound bite

I stand corrected.
The issue remains the same... we have the power to remove them, unlike the legislators in the European Commission, sound bite or not!
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

If anyone follows LSR on Facebook check out the in / out thread on there. It's probably 95% in favour of out. It's obviously not a true reflection of public opinion but interesting nevertheless.
wrecklessrobbie

I dont think it really matters if Blair resigned or was voted out.
I suspect he would have been voted out if he had not resigned. Though we will never know.

I will be amazed if cameron survives for much longer after the referendum no matter the outcome.
Minds you never know.

Robbie
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

wrecklessrobbie wrote:I dont think it really matters if Blair resigned or was voted out.
I suspect he would have been voted out if he had not resigned. Though we will never know.

I will be amazed if cameron survives for much longer after the referendum no matter the outcome.
Minds you never know.

Robbie
He's already stated that he will not stand for a third term.
Did you have to do that?
wrecklessrobbie

Digdug
i know he is going after his second term.

My point was more that he may suffer the "ides of june".

The eurosceptic tories may want rid of him earlier.

As i have stated elsewhere

If he does go who will replace him or the torys.

I would not vote corbyn ever, osborne absolutely never and boris....... Is he the only option?
If so god help us.

Robbie
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

jonzo172 wrote:

I stand corrected.
The issue remains the same... we have the power to remove them, unlike the legislators in the European Commission, sound bite or not!
There all elected jonzo just not by you personally, you only get to vote for one candidate in one constituency yet every few years a government gets formed it's not magic they don't fall out of the sky. You don't decide who becomes chancellor of the exchequer yet one gets elected,same with Europe you get to vote for the people who get to vote for other people to fill positions. It's basic representative democracy,Jesus lads keep up you owe it to yourselves to make informed decisions from a reasonably educated position, appraise yourselves of the facts every now and then and don't believe everything you read in the tabloids or hear from a taxi driver. Drop the unelected bullshit and stop peddling it as if it was fact, the only ones who aren't elected somewhere along the line are civil servants just like your own native civil servants. You elect people to make decisions for you so you don't have to make decisions constantly, that's democracy.
jonzo172

diesel wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:

I stand corrected.
There all elected jonzo just not by you personally, you only get to vote for one candidate in one constituency yet every few years a government gets formed it's not magic they don't fall out of the sky. You don't decide who becomes chancellor of the exchequer yet one gets elected,same with Europe you get to vote for the people who get to vote for other people to fill positions. It's basic representative democracy,Jesus lads keep up you owe it to yourselves to make informed decisions from a reasonably educated position, appraise yourselves of the facts every now and then and don't believe everything you read in the tabloids or hear from a taxi driver. Drop the unelected bullshit and stop peddling it as if it was fact, the only ones who aren't elected somewhere along the line are civil servants just like your own native civil servants. You elect people to make decisions for you so you don't have to make decisions constantly, that's democracy.
The president (Junker) and members of the European Commission who are responsible for legislation are "appointed" by the European Council and you have no way of removing them.
I'm trying to "keep up", so could you confirm whether this is correct?
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I'm worried that if the "out" vote prevails (heaven forbid ) I'll have have a nasty mark on the back of my seat when I have to take off the nice EU "blue and stars" GB sticker and the same on my Guzzi.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information